Minimoog Model D Modifications

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
kuenala

Minimoog Model D Modifications

Post by kuenala » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:39 pm

MiniMoogModsRearUenala.jpg
Hi Everyone, I got this Model D Mini and wanted to find out what the possible modifications could be that were done to this unit. I labelled the ones i could figure out but there are a few that I cant seem to trace.
Maybe you have an idea? Please see the photo below:
Thanks! -K

thealien666

Re: Minimoog Model D Modifications

Post by thealien666 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:55 pm

Hello and welcome kuenala !

Since these mods are custom made, like on all Minimoog D, your guess is as good as mine.
The best way to find out, is to open the back panel, and follow the wires.

Here's the one done on mine, can you figure out what those switches do just by looking at them ? Good luck. Of course since I did it myself, I know what they do. :mrgreen:

Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

megavoice

Post by megavoice » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Yeah, follow the wires inside or try measuring voltages when cables are plugged in on the other end and try to move pots and buttons on the front panel.
The last option might be, let a friend do all this and seek shelter under your bed or so.... :lol:
It`s just like asking all the people here about the colour of the underwear of you grandmother she`s wearing day by day to find out only from viewing what`s all about that stuff.
But at any rate I believe the toggles are on/off switches and from the jacks, there`re only voltages that come out. I think you won`t do anything wrong by experimenting to and fro........ a voltage is a voltage is a voltage.......
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fu** the prom queen." —Sean Connery to Nicholas Cage in "The Rock" (1996)
I've never seen any real prom queen here in my country, but if we had some they'd
**** with everyone.

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:21 pm

megavoice wrote: a voltage is a voltage is a voltage.......
I'll keep that in mind the next time my kid sticks a knife in an AC outlet. :wink:

EricK

Post by EricK » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:42 pm

You lost me at granny panties.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

megavoice

Post by megavoice » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:25 pm

Trigger wrote:
megavoice wrote: a voltage is a voltage is a voltage.......
I'll keep that in mind the next time my kid sticks a knife in an AC outlet. :wink:
First, tell your kids about the difference between DC and AC and where to find, then the high danger (or less danger) between voltage and ampere,
and at last never to use knives, but only tomahawks..........they`re too big for any outlet.... :wink:
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fu** the prom queen." —Sean Connery to Nicholas Cage in "The Rock" (1996)
I've never seen any real prom queen here in my country, but if we had some they'd
**** with everyone.

kuenala

Post by kuenala » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:10 pm

Haha, thanks everyone for your help. I was being lazy by not opening it up. Let's see...I will report back. Thanks again -K