Any hope to get this theremini soon fixed?

Share your theremin experience: tips, tricks, techniques, favorite theremin moments.
d'ni

Any hope to get this theremini soon fixed?

Post by d'ni » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:24 pm

Ashville, we have a problem..
Beside all other oddities mentioned by some other puzzled forum users, hope to hear some news soon.
Is there a solution on the way for that constant crash of the theremini app, every time i want to store a preset to the theremini, or not ? :cry:
The provided 1.0.3 sysex file worked fine only for a short time, now it's as messed up asit was before.
Fortunately, the theremini's midi works great, so i can store by midi cc# 119. I use mostly yahamas free app "faders" for editing and storing. the names remain the same, not sure how this could be done. Btw.:faders never crashed.
Wishfull thinking: Any chance to get the display dimme-able ? The snappy attack smoothened?
It is smoother when volume is calibrated upside down. makes anyway more sense, when used as a controller. remember the paia theremax ?
A bit a dissapointing experience so far, if i may say so, from such a cool company.
I'm sorry.
love you guys, you do have a cool job. Break a leg.
d'ni

d'ni

Re: Any hope to get this theremini soon fixed?

Post by d'ni » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:18 pm

Crickets and thumbleweed. As to be expected, seems the ee's don't care much anymore about their customers these days.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:29 pm

They are working on the firmware, I was told by Andy Hughes from tech support.

You can change the names of the presets with the editor, which was released today for registered users.

Have you tried firmware 1.10 yet? http://www.moogmusic.com/sites/default/ ... v1.1.0.zip

You are able to change the contrast in the display easily, check it out in the documentation.
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

d'ni

Post by d'ni » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:17 pm

Thanks bichuelo,
yes, I tried firmware 1.1.0, that caused so much troubles and some time later i got that 10.0.3 library from moog. It worked, but only for a short time. :(
Yes, I heard about that they're working on a new firmware. And yes, i know, the display-contrast can be adjusted, but not the brightness.

Control_Voltage

Post by Control_Voltage » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi there,

Andy from Moog Tech Support here!

I just wanted to alert you that a new version of the firmware is almost finished the beta testing phase and should be released very soon. This should also correct some of the quirks of 1.1.0

Thanks,
Andy Hughes
Service Department Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

d'ni

Post by d'ni » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:40 pm

Thanks Andy,
for the announcement. I can hardly wait to get it back to good.

chalhat

Post by chalhat » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:11 am

d'ni wrote:Thanks Andy,
for the announcement. I can hardly wait to get it back to good.
Ya that'd be awesome