Sub Phatty Editor & Cubase

Everything Sub.
j_peAk

Sub Phatty Editor & Cubase

Post by j_peAk » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:07 pm

Hi all,

So I read through all the threads I could find on here and started one on the Cubase forum.

I have updated to the latest firmware as well as the latest vst versions.

What I am trying to figure out is what is the best way to run the SP inside Cubase 8?

I have had some success running it as a vst effect on a audio channel as well as some success running the vsti.

The problems I have had so far is the common one with the hardware showing disconnected. I have also had issues with automation as well as random midi notes stuck and other strange behavior.

So people that are having success, can you explain how you are running it as far as a instrument track....or midi track....or vst effect. Etc.

I am on Win 7 64bit with the latest vs. of Cubase. I also installed the latest Moog usb midi drivers.

Thanks for any and all help,
Cubase 9.0.20
Cubase 8.5
Win10 Pro 64bit
i7 3.4Ghz 4770 Haswell
16GB
Samsung 840 Pro SSD, Western Digital Black
Nvidia GTX 960
Moog Sub Phatty, Crowminius, Jasper, Korg MS-20, Korg DW8000, Yamaha TX7
Nektar P4 Midi Controller

DiScO197

Re: Sub Phatty Editor & Cubase

Post by DiScO197 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:31 am

Hi,

I was using it in Cubase 7.5 as an instrument track and had the same problems you are facing. I am currently running the AU plugin in Logic X now as a software instrument and although I have not had the hardware disconnected problem yet, I'm getting hanging notes more often than not.

I have a new problem as of this morning also, the pitch bend is lagging way behind creating a sort of long portamento effect. You can watch it on the plugin window doing what you asked it, only a second or so later.

I have the SP configured in the preferences as Local Off and Echo from MIDI Host on, but I've also tried vice versa, same problems. I've made enquiries via various sources but information around here seems pretty hard to come by. I do hope these things can be fixed as it's a great synth and the plugin is a great way to be able to switch patches / program etc.

Sorry, that won't be much help!

DiScO197

Post by DiScO197 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:34 am

Since I've typed this the pitch bend on the SP is behaving itself again! There do seem to be various quirks. I did a full reset from the manual earlier this morning to see if it would help, I'll let you know!

Edit - Pitch bend has gone very laggy again from the SP but works fine from an external controller. Sorry, keeping tabs of bugs online!

DiScO197

Post by DiScO197 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:46 am

It's switching patches in the Librarian that is causing hanging notes here for me, can you confirm that behaviour from the VST? Reset by using both Octave buttons at the same time. It's just stuck on me whilst playing the keyboard after about ten minutes and is now showing hardware disconnected, wish we could get a fix for this.

Thanks.

Denim

Post by Denim » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:12 am

I am experiencing much of the same quirks in Renoise, so I don' think this is a Cubase-specific issue.
I had to take a long break from using the phatty, I was going nuts with all these various bugs and sending reports to the team just got too time consuming,
but my plan now is to give it a go again, just sticking to DIN-midi because I think most of these issues are USB-related.

Are all you guys using USB?

DiScO197

Post by DiScO197 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:30 pm

Yes, USB only here.

Inflater

Post by Inflater » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:15 am

Hi, I have the same problem. However I can not see/choose the VSTi in Cubase 8 (64 bit). Only the FX VST and I don't know how to use that. I find the description for the plugin handling totally useless!

In Cubase 5 (32 bit) I can't see/choose the plugin at all! What am I doing wrong?

I'm also on USB.

Kind regards
Jochen

Denim

Post by Denim » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:06 am

^ sorry, nevermind the USB-question. I found that it was not USB-related after all, at least in my case. Same problems when using DIN-midi only.

After almost two years of testing, reporting, waiting, testing, reporting, and so on.. and finally ending up giving up on the whole Editor, my guess is that what's causing all these issues people are having is plain simply messy software programming - or lack of resources to follow up and revise. Sorry Moog... but after 2 years I would expect the bugs to be sorted.

I have a little hope though, now that all the Sub37 users will start using a similar built Editor (I assume), there will be enough people screaming to make Moog set aside resources to fix the issues.

Schlabadiwutz

Post by Schlabadiwutz » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:52 pm

I´m using the sub with din-midi only with Logic X and I have the same issues as all of you.

themachinesoul

Post by themachinesoul » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:35 am

Wow, I really hoped this would be fixed by now. Considering selling my Sub Phatty because of this... :cry: