Pot Mapping Two Sources to Filter Cutoff

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
moogy_j

Pot Mapping Two Sources to Filter Cutoff

Post by moogy_j » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:29 pm

Hi all - new member - been loving my Moog Voyager for a couple of years now, but I have a question:

I would like to have velocity attack and pressure affect filter cutoff through Pot Mapping. When I set either one of these up (one at a time) in Pot Mapping - they work fine. When I try to set the two Pot Mappings to control Filter Cutoff it does not work. The pressure works fine but the attack stops working.

I have set this up without a problem using the Mod Wheel and Pedal busses - but I want to leave these open for other things.

Any thoughts? Am I missing something?

John
FuzzyCat Software - Software tools for musicians - www.fuzzy-cat.com

"Chonky" - free global parameter manager software for the Moog Matriarch and Grandmother - www.fuzzy-cat.com/products

JnGd

Re: Pot Mapping Two Sources to Filter Cutoff

Post by JnGd » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi,

ok, if nobody welcomes you, I am. Pot mapping is not acting as a mixer. The maps are 4 individual ones.
Try the search box at top to find a topic related to pot mapping functions as for having surplus informa-
tions along with what is written in the Voyager's manual.

I don't use pot mapping at all, I remember having tried it about 3 years ago, when purchased. That being
said, there is snow again to be shovel in the driveway !

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:43 pm

Welcome moogyj!

To get a better understanding of it, you might want to take a look at the Pot Mapping article on KnobTweak. Find it here:

Knobtweak > Files > Voyager > Pot Mapping.pdf

The article explains how Pot Mapping works and how it's different from Modulation Buss programming, and offers a dozen or so interesting mappings for you to try out.

Cheers!

- Greg

moogy_j

Post by moogy_j » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:00 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. Prior to posting - I read just about every post regarding Pot Mapping I could find as well as the excellent Pot Mapping article. Nothing really seem to speak to this one thing that I was trying to accomplish. The closest I could find was a mention in the article regarding the ordering of Pot Mappings and how that could affect behaviour.

The issue seems to apply when you use Multiple Pot Mappings to change the same destination - not just Filter Cutoff as was my original post. I am thinking that JnGd is correct - I was thinking of the Pot Mappings as mixing together their outputs. They seem to behave more individual and standalone.

Not a big issue as there are many ways to accomplish what I am after. I will keep tweaking and if I find anything of interest regarding this, I will update everyone. Just trying to really get to know my Moog...

John
FuzzyCat Software - Software tools for musicians - www.fuzzy-cat.com

"Chonky" - free global parameter manager software for the Moog Matriarch and Grandmother - www.fuzzy-cat.com/products