Sub Phatty: OCTAVE knob problem

Everything Sub.
Howard Scarr

Sub Phatty: OCTAVE knob problem

Post by Howard Scarr » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:38 am

I've been busy with other stuff for many moons, and only just noticed that my Sub Phatty's oscillator 1 octave switch isn't working any more. Software or hardware problem?

michaelj

Re: Sub Phatty: OCTAVE knob problem

Post by michaelj » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:44 pm

I have the exact same problem - I can change it in the Sub Phatty Editor Software when hooked up to my computer via USB but can't change it with the actual knob. I may try reinstalling the latest firmware and will keep you posted if that works.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:32 am

Have you asked Moog yet? [email protected]
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

michaelj

Post by michaelj » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:07 pm

Thank you, just hit them up. Seems obvious but thought a quicker response may come from the forum. Thanks again!

Howard Scarr

Post by Howard Scarr » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:25 am

Thanks - also sent e-mail to support just now :-)
Did the firmware update work, Michael?

Howard Scarr

Post by Howard Scarr » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:46 am

So... I tried to update the firmware (as Nick from the service department suggested via e-mail).
Now my Sub Phatty is "dead". Very unhappy, as it was mostly working before. A minor problem has now become major :-(

michaelj

Post by michaelj » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:53 am

My apologies, got busy for a few days. I just updated the firmware tonight and nothing changed for me, everything still works the same and the octave knob doesn't work. At least you got a response from Moog, I haven't received one since I sent my email. Which version of the firmware are you installing? I used 2_0_3 which I believe is the latest.

I'm going to login with my account through Moog's website and submit a service request that way (last time I just used the contact info from their site and sent from my email account). Hopefully we get somewhere with this…

Keep me posted too if you discover anything more.

MJ

breun

Post by breun » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:45 am

michaelj wrote:Which version of the firmware are you installing? I used 2_0_3 which I believe is the latest.
Here is the 2.0.6 firmware: http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/su ... _2_0_6.zip I don't know why that version is not linked on the download tab on the Sub Phatty product page. I don't recall having a problem with that switch when I was still running 2.0.3 though, so it might be a hardware defect.

michaelj

Post by michaelj » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:51 pm

Thanks Breun, I'll give it a go. Moog tech support thinks it may be coincidental that I installed the firmware update and the switch stopped working, saying it's likely a hardware problem. I also specified that I just started using the Sub Phatty editor software and it seems to have stopped working as I've installed and started using it. Again, could just be a coincidence, not sure.

jocks13

Post by jocks13 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:11 am

hi there, my subphatty also suddenly didn't change octaves on one of the VCO's. the software editor changed octaves, but not the knob on the panel. It was sent in for repairs to the Swedish distributor. They found out what was wrong, and fixed it. It was not firmware related, because I also first tried reinstalling firmware, and then contacted Moog support. the told me to send it in for repairs. I replaced it with a Sub37 recently, to get more modulation sources and knobs on the panel :wink:

Wesley

Post by Wesley » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:55 pm

My Sub Phatty Oscillator 1 Octave Knob is no longer responding. Was this determined to be a hardware or firmware problem? I am running firmware 2.03, I believe.

archeravenuestudio

Post by archeravenuestudio » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:58 pm

This same exact thing has recently happened to my Sub phatty. It seems curious to me that so many people are have the same problem. Any new news?

soundsubs

Post by soundsubs » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:52 pm

I just noticed mine is doing this too. Hardware switch does nothing, software editor works as expected.

Anyone have a fix for this yet?

michaelj

Post by michaelj » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:21 pm

According to Moog it's strictly a hardware problem. I sent my SubPhatty to them to fix and I have it back now, works great. They charged me their standard bench fee of $50 plus shipping, so it's an easy part replacement it'll just cost you unless your synth is still under warranty.

medwaystudios

Post by medwaystudios » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:17 pm

I just got my Sub Phatty back from repair a couple of weeks ago and now my Osc octave switch stopped working as well.

Wonder if it's due to the hot weather we're having.
Windows 7 x64 / Sub Phatty