Sub Phatty Pitch Wheel & Pitch Adjust Knob Issues

Everything Sub.
SolarFix

Sub Phatty Pitch Wheel & Pitch Adjust Knob Issues

Post by SolarFix » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:54 am

Hello,

I'm experiencing a rather strange issue. When I roll the pitch wheel of my SP up, the pitch changes smoothly. When I roll the pitch wheel down, it smoothly lowers in pitch until it is almost all the way down, at which time the pitch suddenly drops a few tones. Similarly, with the master tune knob at the upper left of the unit, the unit is in tuen when the knob is all the way counter-clockwise. When you roll the knob clockwise, it jumps one semitone immediately, then from there it adjusts finely. Really strange!

I have initialized the active patch, initialized global parameters, installed the latest firmware, and this issue persists. When I use the shift mode functions to set the pitch up and pitch down ranges, I get unexpected behavior. Basically, whatever I set for the pitch up (2 semitones for example) seems to apply in a bi-polar fashion, meaning it also adjusts the bend down by 2 semitones. When I set the bend down parameter, this seems to define the "jump" I described when the wheel is almost all the way down. Furthermore, changing these settings sometimes results in bend intervals that are in between chromatic tones, such as a bend up that lands somewhere between C and C# when I'm bending from C.

Finally, the pitch wheel seems to throw my Sub Phatty out of tune by one semitone. Not all the time, but often when I even touch the pitch wheel, the Phatty immeidately steps up or down a key. Switching to another patch and back again seems to fix it... until I use the pitch wheel again.

I've dug into the deepest reaches of the hidden commands in shift mode, gone through every nook and cranny I can think of, ran the note calibration, etc., and I can't seem to fix these issues. Any thoughts? I scoured these forums and Google before posting, but no one seems to have this issue. Guess I'm just lucky. :)

Thanks

John.True

Re: Sub Phatty Pitch Wheel & Pitch Adjust Knob Issues

Post by John.True » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:28 pm

I'm having this EXACT issue, does anyone around here have a solution?

Meneer Vincent

Post by Meneer Vincent » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:42 am

I hope Moog is reading this. Maybe they can fix this in the promising update.
Speaking about a update...

kingofallwookies

Post by kingofallwookies » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:51 pm

^^Mine stays in tune, smooth thru the up, but upon releasing it, the pitch corrects sharply to improper tuning, where it stays regardless of motion on the wheel^^^

Please, Amos, don't forget about us. We were new once, too...
2011 MBP (aftermarket SSD & 16GB RAM)
OSX 10.5.5
Pro Tools 11.3.1
Live 9.6
Behringer X32 Producer
Innerclock Systems Sync Lock
iConnectMIDI4
Kenton USB Pro MIDI>CV

till

Post by till » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:19 am

No such problem on my SubPhatty.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

toups

Post by toups » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:16 pm

I am having the exact same issue. Has anyone found a fix or heard anything from moog? I might call their support line and see if something can be done...

grailtone

Post by grailtone » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:01 pm

Mine is doing this as well, all I have to do is bump it and it will throw the synth out of tune. I was getting around it by being really careful, but, when it goes out of tune while my mother/eurorack setup is playing with it, well, it gets ugly.