Essential Moog-Featuring Songs

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:15 am

Arkansas has the only Band Museum in the country. I thought of donating my stuff there but the last time I went in there the guy sold a lot of stuff.

He had stuff like a 2000 year old trumpet, contra and subcontrabass clarinets, a folded soprano sax, old stuff, lots of cool stuff.
THe last time I was in there he gave me a "Parliaments" 45. It was great!

I was kind of pissed at him cause he emptied the place though.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

peterrusso21

Re: Essential Moog-Featuring Songs

Post by peterrusso21 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:08 am

Ralph Swickard is my grandpa and I actually remember him tradeing in his moog for other equipment so he could play his last few months. I was visiting with my mother Daryl and my sister linda. Ralph my grandpa in his last few months got me into music even though I was only 6 when he past I learned a great deal from him I still play his violin and viola on a regular basis and I can't wait tell the next time I visit mycaunt to play his stienway parlor grand. He had an exceptional taste in instruments and music which I am greatly appreciate inheriting from him. I wish I could have at least half his strenght going out the way he did to stomach cancer. Love you grandpa we miss you and you will never be forgotten.
Peter Russo

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:25 pm

peterrusso21 wrote:Ralph Swickard is my grandpa and I actually remember him tradeing in his moog for other equipment so he could play his last few months. I was visiting with my mother Daryl and my sister linda. Ralph my grandpa in his last few months got me into music even though I was only 6 when he past I learned a great deal from him I still play his violin and viola on a regular basis and I can't wait tell the next time I visit mycaunt to play his stienway parlor grand. He had an exceptional taste in instruments and music which I am greatly appreciate inheriting from him. I wish I could have at least half his strenght going out the way he did to stomach cancer. Love you grandpa we miss you and you will never be forgotten.
Peter Russo
Thank you for sharing! It's great that your grandfather's instruments have found new life, and aren't rotting away in a basement or attic. Too often, that happens when a musician dies. Cheers!
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

MoogProg

Post by MoogProg » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:37 am

Rush - Tom Sawyer
Steve Miller - Fly Like an Eagle
The Cars - You're Just What I Needed
Parliment - Flashlight
Talking Heads - Life During Wartime https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obAtn6I5rbY

below - too funny, I had no idea. just reading the forum, sipping coffee.
vvvvv
Last edited by MoogProg on Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:13 am

You guys know that you're responding to an 8 year old thread, right?

:shock:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:30 pm

GregAE wrote:You guys know that you're responding to an 8 year old thread, right?

:shock:
If it's relevant, why not? :D
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

MC

Post by MC » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:59 pm

Actually a little over six years, not eight. If you're rusty on the math try Common Core :D
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi