Moog to release modules this year

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
Vsyevolod

Moog to release modules this year

Post by Vsyevolod » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:21 am

This just in from Muffwiggler's...
Yep, I have it confirmed.
Moog will be introducing modules this year!
Thread found here...

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

Stephen

jido-genshi

Re: Moog to release modules this year

Post by jido-genshi » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:41 pm

Vsyevolod wrote:This just in from Muffwiggler's...
Yep, I have it confirmed.
Moog will be introducing modules this year!
Thread found here...

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

Stephen

So some random guy on Muffwiggler (I know he may not be random to you if you frequent the site) claims that "he confirms it" without any reason or facts, and you believe that Moog will be "introducing" modules this year? Also, in case you missed it, Moog has already been releasing Modules, first with their 500 Series: http://www.moogmusic.com/products/500-series/

And of course with their beautiful Emerson Moog Modular: http://www.moogmusic.com/products/modul ... lar-system

Just saying... don't state things as fact just because one random guy claims something on the internet... now, if Moog will indeed be introducing new modules this year, especially in the Eurorack format, that would be some interesting news, but I won't believe it until Moog themselves state it. And I'd be very surprised if they did do Eurorack Format, though it's not completely unreasonable, as Dave Smith recently released a Eurorack module ( http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/pro ... er-module/ ) as I'm sure you already know, and it is the most popular format at the moment. So here's hoping!

MC

Post by MC » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:24 pm

Rumours like this seem to precede the NAMM shows every year from a person with "official connections". I'll believe it when I see it.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

slabwax

Post by slabwax » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:30 pm

Does that mean no one will believe me when I say my best friends Uncle told him that Moog is absolutely positively is going to release a Polymoog II. :lol: :D

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:01 am

Ohhh, the hate, the vitriol, the burn...

Chill out dudes. Nobody's stating anything as fact around here.

I'm just passing on the information as it comes down the pike. All your well-founded fears are... well... well-founded. Anyone able to read between the lines and who bothers to read the whole thread will perhaps have an interesting thought or two pop up.

Dunno about any of youse guise, but I find such information interesting.

Okay move along, there's nothing more to see here...

Stephen

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:31 pm

In MU, with DotCom power plug, I would buy a filter. About the only module I would want from them. Unless they came up with a state variable filter, too.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

jido-genshi

Post by jido-genshi » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:15 pm

Vsyevolod wrote:Ohhh, the hate, the vitriol, the burn...

Chill out dudes. Nobody's stating anything as fact around here.

I'm just passing on the information as it comes down the pike. All your well-founded fears are... well... well-founded. Anyone able to read between the lines and who bothers to read the whole thread will perhaps have an interesting thought or two pop up.

Dunno about any of youse guise, but I find such information interesting.

Okay move along, there's nothing more to see here...

Stephen

What hate and vitriol? I certainly wasn't "hating" and in fact I expressed my interest about the possibility of Moog releasing new modules (especially in Eurorack) but before I made my response, I did read that whole MuffWiggler thread (I am a member and know one of the co-founders personally and have frequented their storefront here in Portland) and that thread started with a guy who converted a MoogFooger into a rack mount unit. Later in the thread he just randomly proclaims "I have confirmed it..." and all I ask is, from who!? Nothing to back up his statement... then you come on here with a thread title that says "Moog to release modules this year" which pretty much sounds like a statement of fact. And now you are accusing us of hate and vitriol just because we questioned it!? Maybe YOU should chill out "dude". :roll:

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Whats perhaps more interesting is that back in September 2014 Moog took out a trademark on Minimoog Model D. I have the screen grab from the trademark office that was posted in a thread on gearslutz. To me this means a Model D reissue is on the cards!!

http://trademarks.justia.com/863/92/min ... 92929.html
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

MC

Post by MC » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:56 pm

Skepticism does not constitute hate and vitriol. And I did read the entire thread.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:26 pm

It's common for a company to take out a trademark using a false name that will then later be switched when the item is released to the marketplace. So just because there's a trademark on the MiniMoog Model D doesn't mean that that's what they're doing. All this is just so the competition doesn't have a chance to get a jump on a company just because they've read the trademark reports.

Stephen

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:27 pm

MC wrote:Skepticism does not constitute hate and vitriol. And I did read the entire thread.
That's cool man. If the shoe doesn't fit, no sense in trying to force it on your own foot.

:)

Stephen

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:34 pm

I would normally agree however Moogs last few trademarks have all actually appeared on the market except the matador.
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

MC

Post by MC » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:03 pm

whatsa matador? :lol:

EricK

Post by EricK » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:24 pm

Whatever the Matador was, it was apparently scrapped. They abandoned the trademark.

But they did trademark the "Minimoog Model D."
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

scottingham

Post by scottingham » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:30 pm

A set of eurorack modules would be a great move for Moog right now. With the sub37 they have the keyed synths in the bag. That just needs to be fine tuned and improved for years to come. Eurorack modules could offer a lot with many parameters addressable via 1/16th inch jacks for modular synth madness!

To go down a speculative/wishful road; a Moog digital delay with the mf101 buffer and lowpass filter would be so awesome. It could also serve as a testbed for any new filter circuits Moog wants to lay on us, highpass, bandpass, comb.

I'm new around here though, is suggesting a Moog digital delay heresy? In full disclosure, I have a mf104m and love it dearly.