Arpeggiator doesn't send midi?

Everything Phatty.
monsieurx

Arpeggiator doesn't send midi?

Post by monsieurx » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:31 pm

Im trying to made a control panel for the sub 37 in FLStudio using their Dashboard plug in.

I can record the values of almost any buttons but the arpeggiator section seems off limits to midi signals; only the ArpON and the Latch buttons seem to send a signal.

Can this be thought of in the next firmware or is it non midi controls?

I was hoping to catch the BPM's number without having to "sync"... :(

_DemonDan_

Re: Arpeggiator doesn't send midi?

Post by _DemonDan_ » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:09 am

monsieurx wrote:Im trying to made a control panel for the Sub 37 in FLStudio using their Dashboard plug in. I can record the values of almost any buttons but the arpeggiator section seems off limits to MIDI signals; only the Arp ON and the Latch buttons seem to send a signal. Can this be thought of in the next firmware or is it non MIDI controls?
Hi monsieurx,

The ability to send and receive hi-res 14-bit knob positions is a beautiful thing. But it eats twice as many CC#s.

For example Mod Wheel sends/receives CC# 1 in standard 7-bit mode, but uses CC#s 1 & 33 in 14-bit mode.

Check out the MIDI CC# assignments on pages 46 & 47.

The [LSB] Least Significant Byte is always 32 higher than the [MSB] Most Significant Byte.

So... there are a lot fewer available CC#s to go around. So... not every button gets its own dedicated CC#.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

monsieurx

Re: Arpeggiator doesn't send midi?

Post by monsieurx » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:49 pm

Thanks for the detailed answer!!! +1