Sub37 keys...hanging too far out from panel? Moog to fix

Everything Sub.
JazzMasta

Re: Sub37 keys...hanging too far out from panel? Moog to fix

Post by JazzMasta » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:32 am

The expression "to make a mountain out of a molehill" comes to mind here..

Saonegin

Post by Saonegin » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:23 am

Well at least that one killed the discussion here once and for all. And yet this molehill still annoys at least myself a bit.

JazzMasta wrote:The expression "to make a mountain out of a molehill" comes to mind here..

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:57 am

my first post was around 5 months ago about this problem i must say i would have thought that Moog would have come up with a solution to this by now especially as they said they would be addressing the issue...

bartleby

Post by bartleby » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:17 am

Blackout wrote:my first post was around 5 months ago about this problem i must say i would have thought that Moog would have come up with a solution to this by now especially as they said they would be addressing the issue...
they have. amos posted about it about a month ago:
Amos wrote:Moog have sourced some black felt lining material for use with piano keyboards... if you are interested in having this material installed on your own keyboard, contact the Moog service department directly.
as i mentioned earlier, i did contact them and they said they would send the kit over to me. still hasn't arrived, though. : (

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:18 am

thanks bartleby. you are right.

however has anyone recieved the upgrade or kit?

Sihaz

Post by Sihaz » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:44 pm

Yeah, i was told i would be sent one a few weeks ago but nothing yet...

bartleby

Post by bartleby » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:02 pm

still nothing even 1.5 months after support told me they'd send me this kit. :(

Saonegin

Post by Saonegin » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:03 am

Yeah, still no felt strip although Moog promised to send me a fix kit 1,5 months ago :(

zone47

Post by zone47 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:28 am

I never even noticed it. I love the feel of the keys on this keyboard, it blows my DSI Prophet 12 away!
Inspiration seems to always come at the start of a session, so always have that tape recorder going! :shock: :!: :shock:

bartleby

Post by bartleby » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:54 am

i finally received my 'felt strip kit' two weeks ago - almost 3 months after they said they'd send it to me. i installed it yesterday.

it consists of a strip of foamed rubber with some adhesive on one side and a wider strip of some kind of black textile glued to other side. they call it a 'felt strip kit', but the textile doesn't actually seem to be felt, but rather some kind of velvet-like material.

installation is easy: you remove the four side panel screws that hold the control panel in place, lift up the panel and stick the adhesive side of the 'felt strip kit' underneath the front lip of the control panel. the textile strip then covers the upper part of the keyboard - including those ugly gaps.

i think you could easily build something like this yourself, if you prefer a different material or color (red or yellow might look nice), or aren't patient enough to wait for months for it to arrive from moog music.

here is a few pics:

pedroproenza

Post by pedroproenza » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:55 am

hello moog

i realized actually i like china made products, if there's no children involved, of course

GregVDS

Post by GregVDS » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:33 pm

I kinda like it,

some light comes through the space on the keys through that space, I won't obscure it with some foam that will desintegrate with time too soon :-).

Greg

KincaidDesigns

Post by KincaidDesigns » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:55 pm

Hi All,
Mine has the same gap, however I'm thrilled it's there. I intend to make a piece of wood
to span the entire area at the top of the keys so to add a little 'minimoog' look across that area.
I also intend to design wood for the top above the buttons and across the whole front face
at the bottom. I have a CNC mill and I'm going to put the Bob Moog signature on the bottom
panel, milled into the front face. Should be cool as hell!

ChiLam

Post by ChiLam » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:13 pm

KincaidDesigns wrote:Hi All,
Mine has the same gap, however I'm thrilled it's there. I intend to make a piece of wood
to span the entire area at the top of the keys so to add a little 'minimoog' look across that area.
I also intend to design wood for the top above the buttons and across the whole front face
at the bottom. I have a CNC mill and I'm going to put the Bob Moog signature on the bottom
panel, milled into the front face. Should be cool as hell!
Sounds great - post up pics when your done with that :wink:

Saonegin

Post by Saonegin » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:16 am

Since I didn't receive any felt strip from Moog (despite some promises early December 2014) I'll leave the gap as it is. I also like the way how some of the lights in panel also light the keyboard when performing in dark. Case closed :D