Animoog separate in app purchases for ipad and iphone, why?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
klfnk

Animoog separate in app purchases for ipad and iphone, why?

Post by klfnk » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:34 am

Hi,

I like animoog a lot and bought both versions (iphone and ipad).
However I was surprised to find that I need to buy the midi out (And 4 track recorder) for both versions separately..
I mean I understand that Moog is a business, but it's a bit weird to need to buy the same add-ons twice.

Is there any reason why this is the case that goes beyond 'sorry, we also need to make a living'?

Cheers
Moog Sub 37
Ableton Live 8.latest
Pro Tools 12 HD12.latest
RME Fireface UC
15" MacBook Pro Retina 2015 Yosemite

Alien8

Re: Animoog separate in app purchases for ipad and iphone, w

Post by Alien8 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:31 pm

If I'm not mistaken, it's because the iPhone app and iPad app are different. You cannot purchase the 4track on the iPhone version, and it kind of makes sense that MIDI ability is different from version to version due to the 4track bit...
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

klfnk

Post by klfnk » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:32 am

Hi Alien8,

Thanks for responding and pointing out what should be obvious to me :) I completely overlooked the lack of 4Track in the iPhone app. But I wonder what the MIDI Out has to do with the 4Track option, that's only audio right?
I would think that the MIDI Implementation is equal on iOS devices... but I could be wrong.
Moog Sub 37
Ableton Live 8.latest
Pro Tools 12 HD12.latest
RME Fireface UC

Satri

Post by Satri » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:36 am

Hi,

I'm curious, I don't have an iPhone or iPod Touch, so I can't answer by myself.. Do 'presets and timbres' expansion packs (e.g. the Grateful Dead expansion pack) needs to be purchased on both iPhone and iPad? I fear the answer's yes and that it doesn't make much sense from a user's perspective.

Thanks -- Alex
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

klfnk

Post by klfnk » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:47 am

Hi Satri,
Satri wrote:Hi,
Do 'presets and timbres' expansion packs (e.g. the Grateful Dead expansion pack) needs to be purchased on both iPhone and iPad? I fear the answer's yes and that it doesn't make much sense from a user's perspective.
Well I've never bought an preset and timbre expansion, so I can't comment on that. However an Expansion pack is the same if it's named MIDI or Acoustic.. so I fear the same..
Anyone else able to give some input on this?
Moog Sub 37
Ableton Live 8.latest
Pro Tools 12 HD12.latest
RME Fireface UC