Anybody Sub 37 Poti Drop Outs - like me?

Everything Sub.
Corgy

Anybody Sub 37 Poti Drop Outs - like me?

Post by Corgy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Did anybody of you have a Drop-Out issue of poties like me?

I switched on my Sub 37 and had some minutes of worring that the synth might be broken ... there was absolutely no reaction from the main volume knob. The phone volume knob did it's job. I switched the synth off - waited for a while - switched on again ... same problem.

Checking all the knobs through various patches - all the same - then I recognized that the Fine-Tune-Knob also did not operate as supposed. No reaction on tuning.

Well, it was like the last blast with a pick in a gold-mine ... switching some patches, wiggling some knobs ... and suddenly the two dead ones got to life again. No kidding, really.

Isn't this very weird? Is this a synth passing away or only a software issue?

Amos

Re: Anybody Sub 37 Poti Drop Outs - like me?

Post by Amos » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:29 pm

check global setting - POT MODE. what was it set to? Try ABS (absolute) if this happens again, and see if it helps.
There is a small bug in Relative mode, which will be fixed in the next firmware update; not sure if this relates to your problem or not, but it might.

Corgy

Post by Corgy » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Amos wrote:check global setting - POT MODE. what was it set to? Try ABS (absolute) if this happens again, and see if it helps.
There is a small bug in Relative mode, which will be fixed in the next firmware update; not sure if this relates to your problem or not, but it might.
Thank you for your response. I see, yesterday I changed the settings to "THRU" mode, because I am used to it from other synths and like it better than "ABS". May be there is also a little bug hidden? It's good to know that's probably a S/W bug only.

EDIT: Checked it out ... switched back to "ABS" and the problem was gone. It's reproducable.

namahshaman

Post by namahshaman » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:42 pm

The same thing happened to me when I tried switching from ABS to THRU mode… When I switched back the bug went away.

I was terrified that I had broken the Moog. haha

Will this issue be resolved by the current update…or future updates?

Corgy

Post by Corgy » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:47 pm

namahshaman wrote:The same thing happened to me when I tried switching from ABS to THRU mode… When I switched back the bug went away.

I was terrified that I had broken the Moog. haha

Will this issue be resolved by the current update…or future updates?
According to Amos, who should know better, in the next update ... if Moog updates like in the past ... it will be soon.

Toom

Post by Toom » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:54 pm

My Filter Cutoff Pot is scratchy and does cut out. Not sure if others are doing that too and it's just less obvious.

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:16 pm

"pot mode" -related bugs, definitely fixed in next update, soon.

scratchy cutoff pot -- contact Moog service. That's not a firmware problem.

cheers,

Amos

Syndromeda

Post by Syndromeda » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:36 am

This topic is from a while ago and I just noticed the bug is still in there, I have it with my Output Volume pot.
I'm running OS 1.1.
Just to let you know.
Cheers,
Danny - Syndromeda