Sub 37 updated release date ?

Everything Sub.
Corgy

Re: Sub 37 updated release date ?

Post by Corgy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:30 am

Bald Eagle wrote:I feel for everyone who is still waiting. My wait was 5 months and that was so frustrating. I had considered canceling several times but I hung in there. In the end, I was not disappointed. I was amazed. This is the synth worth waiting for.
I waited since March/April and have it since Monday - and had luck ... they seem to be really rare here in Europe and the guy that was supposed to get it, canceled his order after having been informed that his instrument was ready to be delivered. Got it the same day from the shop directly. :D.

It sounds awesome good, I switched it on, twiddled with the knobs, and was jamming along with myself after minutes. It's worth the waiting, really.

Rufus the Dog

Post by Rufus the Dog » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:36 am

Corgy wrote:
Bald Eagle wrote:I feel for everyone who is still waiting. My wait was 5 months and that was so frustrating. I had considered canceling several times but I hung in there. In the end, I was not disappointed. I was amazed. This is the synth worth waiting for.
I waited since March/April and have it since Monday - and had luck ... they seem to be really rare here in Europe and the guy that was supposed to get it, canceled his order after having been informed that his instrument was ready to be delivered. Got it the same day from the shop directly. :D.

It sounds awesome good, I switched it on, twiddled with the knobs, and was jamming along with myself after minutes. It's worth the waiting, really.
Similar story for me back at the end of September. I was third in the queue at a supplier and only two arrived with them but the second in line chap didn't have the funds there and then so I got first refusal… ha ha … like I was going to refuse since I pre-ordered in February :D

R.

Sihaz

Post by Sihaz » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:33 pm

just for any uk peeps out there still looking, music matter have one left on their website, (I just grabbed the second to last one).... get em while they're hot :-)

also scan computers!!! seem to have one on ebay and junorecords have two as of this moment. glad I held back on the pro 2 now - I was sorely tempted last weekend but managed to resist.... for now :-)
Last edited by Sihaz on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lushr

Post by lushr » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:16 pm

Yeah the day they came in to Australia the guys at the store were commenting how casual people were about dropping a couple of grand on a synth without blinking - but the reality is, we've had a lot of time to wait and save, so when the moment came, I couldn't throw my bank card at him fast enough!

This is the first synth that doesn't frustrate me, the first synth that excites me every time with possibilities.

jaahans

Post by jaahans » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:28 am

All retailers in Europe that I know of are out of stock. Anyone know where I could get one of these in Europe?

monsieurx

Post by monsieurx » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:13 am

FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is fine, keyboard etc... Thomann's packing is sturdy to say the least!!!

BIGGEST Disappointment however is that i ordered mine when only 1000 Tribute editions were announced. I thought i had ordered a collectors' and i end up having # 17xx.... Which is absolute BS...

One the bright side, the sound, the feel of the keyboard and pots, the whole thing is just gorgeous! Time to play...

Corgy

Post by Corgy » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:29 am

monsieurx wrote:FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything is fine, keyboard etc... Thomann's packing is sturdy to say the least!!!

BIGGEST Disappointment however is that i ordered mine when only 1000 Tribute editions were announced. I thought i had ordered a collectors' and i end up having # 17xx.... Which is absolute BS...

One the bright side, the sound, the feel of the keyboard and pots, the whole thing is just gorgeous! Time to play...
Are you sure? Tribute is more about wood-panels, aluminium back and Bob Moogs signature.

jaahans

Post by jaahans » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:56 am

Where was it announced that only 1000 tribute editions would be made? I haven't seen it anywhere and I certainly hope they won't limit production now because I still haven't got mine. My local retailer only got ten of these so far and they went to orderers that were earlier in the queue than me.

JazzMasta

Post by JazzMasta » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:16 am

monsieurx wrote: BIGGEST Disappointment however is that i ordered mine when only 1000 Tribute editions were announced. I thought i had ordered a collectors' and i end up having # 17xx.... Which is absolute BS...
You know, it is an instrument, not a stamp :lol:
Now, go make some music!

Sihaz

Post by Sihaz » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:25 am

Just be glad you got a 1700 serial. My first was in the 1500's and had lots of issues. So much so that the uk distributor didn't want to try fixing it and sent me a replacement. This one is much better built and even has the light leak issue fixed. :-)

BorisYeltsin

Post by BorisYeltsin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Sihaz wrote:Just be glad you got a 1700 serial. My first was in the 1500's and had lots of issues. So much so that the uk distributor didn't want to try fixing it and sent me a replacement. This one is much better built and even has the light leak issue fixed. :-)
What's this supposed to mean? That all the first 1699 produced 37's are faulty or of poorer quality than the those from 1700 and up? And what is the "light leak issue"?

Sihaz

Post by Sihaz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:55 am

BorisYeltsin wrote:
Sihaz wrote:Just be glad you got a 1700 serial. My first was in the 1500's and had lots of issues. So much so that the uk distributor didn't want to try fixing it and sent me a replacement. This one is much better built and even has the light leak issue fixed. :-)
What's this supposed to mean? That all the first 1699 produced 37's are faulty or of poorer quality than the those from 1700 and up? And what is the "light leak issue"?
No Boris it's not supposed to mean that... sorry if you found my post confusing. The early subs allowed light to leak on the left hand side of the panel where the lcd display is. The moog guys suggested putting a little foam inside the case to stop this happening if it bugged you. My newer sub has that fitted at the factory and although the first one didn't bother me much, it does look better. My first sub had two buttons that were out of whack and didn't operate properly and a loose and creaky front panel which made an annoying noise when you played the keyboard. It also flexed a lot, which my new one doesn't at all. All i can say is my newer one seems far better put together :-)

Sihaz

Post by Sihaz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:01 am

luczak

Post by luczak » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:14 am

My sub 37 is 2136 i got it a couple of weeks ago.
It is perfect, no lights showing down the side,no key problems, all as expected.