MIDI out on Sub Phatty

Everything Sub.
dswo

MIDI out on Sub Phatty

Post by dswo » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:38 pm

This evening I was trying to use my Sub Phatty to control another synth that was out of reach. I went through all of the shift-mode MIDI settings, but it wasn't sending any notes. I checked on a couple of other MIDI devices, including a MIDI monitor. What worked: pulling out the MIDI in cable. When I did this, MIDI out sent notes and wheels beautifully. But when I plugged the MIDI in cable back in, it stopped sending MIDI out.

Is there something I can set to fix this? I tried enabling MIDI thru merge (both DIN and USB) but that didn't seem to make a difference.
David Wilson-Okamura

till

Re: MIDI out on Sub Phatty

Post by till » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:46 am

Maybe you created a MIDI loop?
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:13 pm

Maybe something is sending local control off.

dswo

Post by dswo » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:38 am

Thank you for these suggestions.

I don't think it was a loop, since MIDI was terminating with the other synth (a Microbrute, which has no MIDI out DIN). But I checked to see what the Sub Phatty was plugged into: a 2x2 MidiSport. The MidiSport was turned off (to prevent MIDI loops on a different synth, actually), so I turned it on and the Sub Phatty started transmitting notes again.

I'm not sure how to explain the result, but perhaps this will help someone else.
David Wilson-Okamura