can't sleep

Everything Phatty.
Sihaz

can't sleep

Post by Sihaz » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:48 pm

my sub 37 is arriving tomorrow... 7 month wait with the £1200 burning a hole in my pocket was torture. I'm sure it's going to be worth it :-)

_DemonDan_

Re: can't sleep

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:54 pm

Ha! You think you can't sleep now...

Just wait...
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

Sihaz

Post by Sihaz » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:35 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:Ha! You think you can't sleep now...

Just wait...
I feel you have a point there... :-)

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:48 pm

Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow too. :-)

namnibor

Post by namnibor » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:04 pm

:shock: Have not got much sleep and have had Sub 37 now for shy of two months. It beckons to be turned-on at 3 a.m. with headphones and next thing you know you are hungry for breakfast and missed a few calls. :shock: It's a creativity fun factory!
Sub 37

egg

Post by egg » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:30 am

I have had a few hours on it yesterday. No video does any justice to the sound especially the drives. Presets are nice but they will go. starting from init or panel is a dream. Classic moog from a few knob turns and wackyness in a few more.
This is the best looking synth for probably 30 years.

DeckardTrinity

Post by DeckardTrinity » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:40 am

I have to agree! My Sub 37 is constantly amazing me with the purity of sound coming from it, not to mention the presence and loudness. The XL sitting next to it likes to scurry off into a corner and hide whenever I crank up the multidrive (altho I still love it for its Osc 3 mod capability - Sub 37 can sort-of do that with high freq LFO but not exactly!)

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:24 pm

Well, mine arrived safe and sound all appears to be working fine.
Even got the sniff of approval from Rosie :-)

ImageSub 37 and Rosie iPhone shot by Vinny Burns, on Flickr

ImageSub 37 and Prophet 08 iPhone by Vinny Burns, on Flickr

Only decided I wanted one on Friday and luckily found a new one for sale straight away. Glad I was not waiting all year.

mrberger

Post by mrberger » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:29 pm

since we're posting pictures of our pets and S37's, here one of me and Gandalf guarding the S37 :)
Attachments
"Like father, like son"
"Like father, like son"

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:06 pm

mrberger wrote:since we're posting pictures of our pets and S37's, here one of me and Gandalf guarding the S37 :)
Ha. Nice :-)

Sihaz

Post by Sihaz » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:39 am

Our cat preferred the box! Glad yours arrived safely vinnieburns. Mine has a couple of small problems, but i've decided to keep it and take it to hhb in a week or two to have them fixed. Took the shine off a little bit but the sound is amazing!
Attachments
WP_20141104_004.jpg

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:44 am

Sihaz wrote:Our cat preferred the box! Glad yours arrived safely vinnieburns. Mine has a couple of small problems, but i've decided to keep it and take it to hhb in a week or two to have them fixed. Took the shine off a little bit but the sound is amazing!
That is a shame. What are the problems?
Mine has frozen couple of times while changing presets while the arpeggiator is running but I think I have read others saying a similar thing.
I have not even checked the firmware version yet so that might need upgrading.
Sorry you have a problem with yours :-(

Sihaz

Post by Sihaz » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:38 pm

vinnyburns wrote:
Sihaz wrote:Our cat preferred the box! Glad yours arrived safely vinnieburns. Mine has a couple of small problems, but i've decided to keep it and take it to hhb in a week or two to have them fixed. Took the shine off a little bit but the sound is amazing!
Mine has frozen couple of times while changing presets while the arpeggiator is running but I think I have read others saying a similar thing.
Only small things. The panel rattles a little especially when playing the centre of the keyboard. It stops with the lightest of touches so i'm hoping there's just something a bit loose there. Also the latch button on the arp section isn't centred properly so has a double action, ie. It clicks twice. First click does nothing, second does the trick.

Support have been great and got back to me straight away and i'm okay with giving the service centre a go at fixing things. I live in London and i've been to HHB before with a dodgy minibrute keybed so i know where they are :-) These are hand made items after all and the odd blemish is inevitable. I upgraded to 1.04 before is started playing and mine is yet to crash, so i'd do that sooner rather than later.

Cheers,

Si

vinnyburns

Post by vinnyburns » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:18 am

Sihaz wrote:
vinnyburns wrote:
Only small things. The panel rattles a little especially when playing the centre of the keyboard. It stops with the lightest of touches so i'm hoping there's just something a bit loose there. Also the latch button on the arp section isn't centred properly so has a double action, ie. It clicks twice. First click does nothing, second does the trick.

Support have been great and got back to me straight away and i'm okay with giving the service centre a go at fixing things. I live in London and i've been to HHB before with a dodgy minibrute keybed so i know where they are :-) These are hand made items after all and the odd blemish is inevitable. I upgraded to 1.04 before is started playing and mine is yet to crash, so i'd do that sooner rather than later.

Cheers,

Si
Cheers for the update. Yes, mine all seems fine but I have not gone over every inch of it yet. Busy on other stuff in my studio at the moment.
Will try and do the FW update today though.
Hope you get yours sorted out soon.