Sub 37 - Questions

Everything Sub.
Corgy

Re: Sub 37 - Questions

Post by Corgy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:33 am

Bald Eagle wrote: V1.0.4 does not require midi start. It will sync automatically.
Thanks for the news ... GREAT :D

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:25 am

Corgy wrote:
Bald Eagle wrote: V1.0.4 does not require midi start. It will sync automatically.
To add a bit more detail ... here is the quote from Amos when I was beta testing the feature. It works exactly as described and was exactly what I had asked for. Moog does listen, they are awesome. My Korg board was sending midi clock and the Sub 37 synced perfectly. Best 1.0.4 feature in my opinion.
The change in this version with external clock sync is: if you switch ON the arp/sequencer while external clock is detected, it will just run. If you then send a MIDI STOP, it will wait for a MIDI START message before running again... but in the absence of a Stop command being received, the arp will now run on external sync as long as it is receiving clock; it no longer requires a Start message to kick it off.

Corgy

Post by Corgy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:37 am

Bald Eagle wrote:
Corgy wrote:
To add a bit more detail ... here is the quote from Amos when I was beta testing the feature. It works exactly as described and was exactly what I had asked for. Moog does listen, they are awesome. My Korg board was sending midi clock and the Sub 37 synced perfectly. Best 1.0.4 feature in my opinion.
The change in this version with external clock sync is: if you switch ON the arp/sequencer while external clock is detected, it will just run. If you then send a MIDI STOP, it will wait for a MIDI START message before running again... but in the absence of a Stop command being received, the arp will now run on external sync as long as it is receiving clock; it no longer requires a Start message to kick it off.
Hey that is really awsome - just what I wanted to have - both alternatives. Yesterday the 1.0.4 was ready for download and tonight there will be a nice little jam together with my "Korg board" and some others sporting ARP/SEQ mode :wink:

Edit: Now on 1.0.4 - thanks Moog :D

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Not sure if this one has already been asked, but is there some way I can invert the keyboard tracking on the filter? I'd like the cutoff to get higher as the pitch gets lower.. I think the Taurus actually works like this by default? (not that you can adjust it... ) anyway, if someone knows how to do this that'd be excellent :)

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:05 pm

psynthetic wrote:Is there some way I can invert the keyboard tracking on the filter? I'd like the cutoff to get higher as the pitch gets lower.
Hi psynthetic,
It can be done, but you'll need to use one of your MODs.

Make the MOD's SOURCE = OSC 1 PCH

Set the actual KB TRACK knob to 0 so it's not fighting against your MOD.

Set that MOD's FILTER AMT to a significant negative value.

Et voila! Negative keyboard filter tracking.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:02 pm

Ah yes! That makes perfect sense.. Thanks mate. :D

an excellent reminder of how sometimes you need to think outside the box a little when working with synths...

(I get a similar sensation when I go back and forth between working with Pro Tools or Ableton actually.. instead of just making Busses within Busses I need to twist my brain about and start making racks and such to get the same results)

Fun times. 8)

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:52 pm

Went ahead and implemented this Dan, worked like a charm, i'm already experimenting with adding different values to the Mod Dest in addition to the filter cutoff to get some more pitch dependant voodoo happening in my sound...
Thanks again. :D

BadTicket

Post by BadTicket » Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:02 pm

I have a simple question, but really don't find an answer: How can I copy a preset to an other preset location?

THX and Heavenicetrip! Fe/2

evileye

Post by evileye » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:39 pm

BadTicket wrote:I have a simple question, but really don't find an answer: How can I copy a preset to an other preset location?

THX and Heavenicetrip! Fe/2
With the preset loaded, simply save it to a new location. During the save process you'll be prompted for location (bank / preset)

BadTicket

Post by BadTicket » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:32 pm

OK, thanks, that was really easy!!!
Is there a possibility to check the position of the knobs in a preset? Or a software like the one that I can use with the Minitaur?

Corgy

Post by Corgy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:30 am

BadTicket wrote:OK, thanks, that was really easy!!!
Is there a possibility to check the position of the knobs in a preset? Or a software like the one that I can use with the Minitaur?
AFAIK a software editor is in the making and will be available for us in the near future. To check the knobs is not as easy because there are - up to date - no indicators (okay the button lights are on/off). But there might be something in future OS updates.

As a workaround you can select the operation mode of the knobs to get yourself a tool to anaylse patches. You can select a "pick-up" mode. Go to <global menu><pot mode> and set it to <THRU>. Be sure to have the latest OS installed (there was a malfunction of this in the early versions of the OS).