Quiet Wet Signal From Clusterflux?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
sdhains

Quiet Wet Signal From Clusterflux?

Post by sdhains » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:21 pm

Hey Moog Forums!

I have been merrily using my Clusterflux for about 3 months now, had no problems at all and am loving it. However it seems all of a sudden I'm getting some very strange behaviour from the way signals are being treated and amplified. It seems that the wet signal going out from the Clusterflux is incredibly quiet. When I set the knobs to the example basic chorus, the effect cannot be heard at all, if I crank the mix all the way up - the volume goes very quiet, and if you amplify that remaining sound, the chorus is working - although it doesnt sound that great given the uneven mix.

The Flanger works, but it is very, very quiet. WHen I dial the mix knob back to the middle, the volume becomes unbearably loud and overpowered by the dry signal (THis is how much amplification is needed to hear the wet signal).

Any ideas why this might be happening/ how to fix this? Do i Need to send this to moog? I live in australia so that would be quite an ordeal...

Anyway, Thanks!

Sam

bichuelo

Re: Quiet Wet Signal From Clusterflux?

Post by bichuelo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:27 am

yes, I would say the best bet is to contact [email protected]

It might be a simple component which needs to be replaced. In this case you might be able to get it locally, or from Moog, all this without having to send your fooger back. That is, if you can find someone with knowledge in soldering to help you replace the component.

Only the most difficult repairs require for the gear to be sent to Asheville...
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Alway contact Moog for help.

In the meantime you could double check the jumpers are properly set as indicated in the manual. Ensure the power is off before you open the unit.

While in there, make sure that nothing is rattling, and that the switched jacks fully contact their homes.

Silt question - are you by chance using the unit in stereo and mixing the signals later? It could be that you have mono cancellation happening...
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:34 pm

+1 on contacting Moog for help.

I had a MF-103 Phaser that went tits up on me. In describing the problem to a tech at Moog, he correctly identified the IC that needed to be replaced. A quick trip to my local repair shop got me a new IC with a socket should I ever need to replace it later.

Works great now.

Seriously, if anything ever goes wrong with any of your beloved Moog gear (and it does from time to time), contact Moog support early on in the process. They are absolutely fantastic to work with.

Stephen

sdhains

Post by sdhains » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:37 am

Alien8 wrote:Alway contact Moog for help.

In the meantime you could double check the jumpers are properly set as indicated in the manual. Ensure the power is off before you open the unit.

While in there, make sure that nothing is rattling, and that the switched jacks fully contact their homes.

Silt question - are you by chance using the unit in stereo and mixing the signals later? It could be that you have mono cancellation happening...
I Never thanked you for this. I'm an idiot, and you actually solved the problem with your 'mono cancellation' comment. I am very grateful. Thank you.

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:50 pm

Glad to be of service! I'm going to play with those DIP switches and see what kind of tones I can get, especially with the fx loop!
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.