Taurus 3 firmware update - v2.0.3

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
Amos

Re: Taurus 3 firmware update - v2.0.3

Post by Amos » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:47 pm

^^ I'm not sure Pete; although I didn't test the arp MIDI output very much before putting out this build... I can confirm that I am getting transposed arp notes (if I have the arp latched and then transpose the foot pedals) but I am also getting the occasional stuck MIDI note when I do a transpose while the arp is running, so I have a little more work to do there. Not sure how many people are using this feature. :) I will get it dialed in though.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:56 pm

Thanks Amos! I thought I had it working for a minute myself, but then haven't been able to repeat that ~ if I'm not mistaken transposing the figure sends the root note out which sustains on that one note rather than playing the pattern.
Meantime, I was just trying to confirm, T3 doesn't have the Slim Arp's 'send midi notes' parameter in it's system preferences right?
Amos wrote:^^ I'm not sure Pete; although I didn't test the arp MIDI output very much before putting out this build... I can confirm that I am getting transposed arp notes (if I have the arp latched and then transpose the foot pedals) but I am also getting the occasional stuck MIDI note when I do a transpose while the arp is running, so I have a little more work to do there. Not sure how many people are using this feature. :) I will get it dialed in though.
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:08 am

thanks!!!
i'll go and try it.
Amos wrote:OK, check this action out.

No editor yet (sorry!) but I do have a firmware update v2.0.4 for you to try.

In this version:
- arp midi output includes transpose value
- midi cc input/output values scaled correctly
- Note Latch should no longer get stuck
- MIDI Echo/Merge preserves original MIDI channel

mac files:
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/ta ... 14-Mac.zip

windows files:
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/ta ... 14-Win.zip

I have been away from Taurus 3 firmware for a while, so I might have accidentally broken things with these new changes due to my unfamiliarity with the code. I hope not, of course! :) But I do recommend testing this version thoroughly before any mission-critical applications.

Let me know how it works for you.

All the best,

Amos

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:34 pm

ps: Amos if the are lucky enough to own both Tauri let's hope so ~ they sound mind-blowingly powerful together 8)
Amos wrote:^^ Not sure how many people are using this feature. :)
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

SuperCouilles

Post by SuperCouilles » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi Amos,
I just wanted to say “thank you” for the latest update.
I am a brand new owner of a T3. Arriving home, the first this I did was to update the firmware to 2.04! I was very excited and I think a saw v.1.13 before upgrading the firmware but wasn’t so sure. Therefore, didn’t take any chance and reloaded the sound before doing the calibration.
So far, so good: The T3 is working like a charm.
I’ll keep you posted if I see anything.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:59 am

Amos, could you please add a wider range of notes to the note calibration feature?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

matbard

Post by matbard » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:15 am

Any chance for a PC/Mac editor?

Neekau

Post by Neekau » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:47 am

Hello,

Any chance for an official update correcting the stuck notes with transposed arpeggios ?

Thanks very much !

Cheers,

Nicolas
"There's something wrong about this world in which Clouds sells 5x more than Tides." O.Gillet

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Sorry to ask this age old question, but are you definitely running the latest firmware?
I haven't that problem for a while now.. but admittedly I don't often use the arp.

Moog has been good to the T3, if you email tech support they'll help you out, if it turns out to be a bug they'll email it on to Amos and chances are it'll be fixed next time he gets around to the T3.

JokerVille

Post by JokerVille » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:27 am

Not sure if this is specific to the problem being discussed, but I use the arp on a regular basis transposed a 1/2 step down and have been for months. No problems so far. I believe the last version was 2.0.4?
I'm using, coincidentally, the ARP synth patch from the T3. It sounds fantastic for "The Spirit of Radio."
"And on bass..."

TheMilford

Post by TheMilford » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:26 pm

TheMilford wrote:I'm sequencing my Taurus 3 with my Alesis MMT-8 (final OS) and for some reason when I implement either the T3's onboard arpeggiator or use an external one like the midiPal to drive the T3 I have timing issues where the beats are clocking late or even the notes are triggering a beat or fraction of a beat behind.

If I use the same MMT-8 to to sequence another synth everything is fine.

I don't even know how to research this…

Any ideas?
the above issue wasn't resolved for me. really wish there was a way to sort this out. I never could figure out how to post a midi file… but we tried a few different sequences from different sources (Alesis MMT8, Logic/Motu, Oberheim DSX via CV to MIDI) and it yielded the same result. The arp triggers one note late consistently.

tore

Post by tore » Mon May 09, 2016 6:41 pm

Firmware v2.0.4 should be listed at the downloadsection under product Taurus.
I saw this update today, have updatet firmware 2.0.2, if I was aware of this update I could update to 2.0.4 right away.
Moog Taurus 3
MF-101, MF-102, MF-103(BigBriar), MF-104SD, MF-105M, MF-107, 2x MF CP-251(one with red rings). Minifooger Drive, Minifooger Boost.
Gibson RD artist Bass ( Moog circut and pickups)
(x-owner LP TE #1110)(X-owner MF-105B)

TheMilford

Post by TheMilford » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:42 pm

tore wrote:Firmware v2.0.4 should be listed at the downloadsection under product Taurus.
I saw this update today, have updatet firmware 2.0.2, if I was aware of this update I could update to 2.0.4 right away.
Firmware in Downloads section is still listed as 2.0.2. Also, It is confirmed that my T3 triggers late when using the arp. No matter what I feed it (external midi controller, Sequencer, Logic midi) even using an external arp like the MidiPal it still triggers one note/beat late. Can you please fix this bug.

matbard

Post by matbard » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:09 am

Hi Amos,

No update on this? Could we consider that the last Taurus 3 Firmware?

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:08 am

matbard wrote:Hi Amos,

No update on this? Could we consider that the last Taurus 3 Firmware?
I wouldn't say it's the last-ever Taurus 3 Firmware. There's a Taurus 3 under my desk right now, just waiting for a chance for further update work... however, it's been waiting there a year or more as my time is in such short supply.

As the company continues to grow, we will have opportunities for sustaining engineering work that we haven't had while we were in "small start-up" mode... which is a mode we've been in for about a decade... :) but it's working and we are getting there. I predict there will be eventual follow-up on this product but I can't assign it to any timetable.

Kind regards,

Amos