Animoog will not load timbres

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
analoghaze

Animoog will not load timbres

Post by analoghaze » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:18 pm

What is the problem with animoog not being able to load timbres?
Thanks
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

ArtyMorty

Re: Animoog will not load timbres

Post by ArtyMorty » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:33 am

analoghaze wrote:What is the problem with animoog not being able to load timbres?
Thanks
I have the same problem. I would've tried to uninstall/reinstall Animoog to see if that solves the problem but I'm going to wait a bit to see if there's a trick or something first. If there's no other solution then I guess I'll have to export my presets to iTunes file sharing and do the uninstall/reinstall.

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:49 am

I tried the uninstall and reinstall and it does not work.
I had to restore all in app purchases and of coarse lost the fart sounds. :twisted:
Failure on Moogs part.
This is now a preset app.
I guess one of the best ipad synth apps is going into the junk music app folder until a fix.
Moog.....l how do I get the body sounds expansion back?
That one disappeared soon after release.
Unsatasified customer.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

georgekierstein

Post by georgekierstein » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi, I'm the developer working on the Animoog. A couple of questions:

- Did you try 'Restore Purchases' in the store dialog ? It should re-install all purchased packs
- Are you only missing one pack or more than one ?
- Is this on the iPhone or the iPad ?
- What version of the app do you have ? (It says on the splash screen)

Thanks!
Ms. G

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:35 pm

I tried to restore purchases.
I am only missing one of the expansions.
I am on an ipad2.
Version 2.2.1
Thanks

SZak

Post by SZak » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:50 am

georgekierstein wrote:Hi, I'm the developer working on the Animoog. A couple of questions:
This is slightly related...

The Animoog for iPad version stores the downloaded samples in the Animoog app's caches folder on the device (the iPhone version does NOT store the samples in the caches folder but elsewhere). This is a very bad idea as there are numerous "memory cleaning" apps out there for iOS that CLEAR OUT these caches folders (used by other apps as well) to clear up extra storage space. This in turn CLEARS OUT all the downloaded/installed samples on the device. The downloaded *presets* are still there intact on the device since they are NOT in the caches folder. I had the toughest time trying to figure out why my downloaded samples/timbres kept getting wiped out after using one of these memory cleaning apps. The default Animoog samples remain untouched since I believe they are embedded/protected in the app.

This is on the most recent version of Animoog for iPad, at least...I believe the past versions did the same thing. The problem persists in both iOS 7 & iOS 8.

ArtyMorty

Post by ArtyMorty » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:06 am

georgekierstein wrote:Hi, I'm the developer working on the Animoog. A couple of questions:

- Did you try 'Restore Purchases' in the store dialog ? It should re-install all purchased packs
- Are you only missing one pack or more than one ?
- Is this on the iPhone or the iPad ?
- What version of the app do you have ? (It says on the splash screen)

Thanks!
Ms. G
I tried "restore purchases" and nothing changed - still can't change any timbres. However, auditioning timbres works fine - they just won't change on the left column when I select the choices within the folders on the right. Ipad 4 - 128gig - IOS8

nuno

Post by nuno » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:38 pm

I have updated and all BASE Pack timbres are missing.

And frankly, the new timbre browser is a bit messy to navigate.

Hope you guys look into this ASAP.

nuno

Post by nuno » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:50 pm

nuno wrote:I have updated and all BASE Pack timbres are missing.

And frankly, the new timbre browser is a bit messy to navigate.

Hope you guys look into this ASAP.

Hmmm. I had restored purchases before that previous post, and now, after reloading the app the BASE Pack timbres do not show up as [missing] anymore. Another issue: they are loaded into ROOT folder, instead of a separate folder/category.

The new browser is still, IMHO, a mess to navigate. Not helpful at all.

In this case, Moog, the old way was better. Please fix it :?

iOSonik

Post by iOSonik » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Hi all.
I have the same problem.
Some of my presets don't works because the timbres are missed, updating to the last version of audiobus.
I tried to restore all the purchases but nothing happen.
Is there some way to fix it or I need to wait a new update of animoog?
I was closing some new songs for my new Ep that I need to release fast and now I'm blocked!
Maybe there's a way to upgrade to the version before?
Someone have the chance to share it here please?

Thanks a lot, I hope someone can help.
Cheers

SZak

Post by SZak » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:37 am

I think these lost timbre issues all stem from the fact that Animoog (iPad version) stores all *downloaded* timbres in a "caches" folder on the iOS device which is very prone to getting wiped out when the cache folders on the iPad are cleared, either by "memory cleaning" apps or otherwise. I brought this up in my post above. Presets are all stored in a non-cache folder (no way to get wiped out unless you delete the app itself) while the timbres/samples are.

Note that the iPhone version does NOT store timbres/samples in the caches folder and are not lost when the cache is cleared.

What kind of logic is this?

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:40 pm

Come on Moog!
The update did NOT fix this issue.
:twisted:
:evil:
:cry:
If you press the Store button, it say fetching products and then it gives error code 0

I want to be able to change Timbres.
I want the expansion packs I paid for.
Clear this shhhhh hit up.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:52 am

analoghaze wrote: I want to be able to change Timbres.
I am able to change Timbres but its not very intuitive. Are you following the procedure?

On the Timbre screen you have to touch and hold the slot you want to change. While still pressing the slot, touch the wave form you want to select. Took me a while to figure that out. If you just touch and hold the wave form without holding one of the slots it just auditions the wave. Dragging a slot moves it up and down the matrix.

fwilleke

Post by fwilleke » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:39 pm

Not sure, if this is the same issue, but:

I see all the timbres in the list (also the ones I purchased), but I'm not able to put them into the Timbre array. I'm stuck with whatever the currently loaded patch has.
Maybe it's a user error, I thought, and took a look into the manual. But it seems the manual has not been updated since 2011.
___
Sub 37 Cookbook
My Website
Gear List
Me on Instagram

15" late 2013 MacBook Pro
Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:33 pm

jbottrop wrote:I see all the timbres in the list (also the ones I purchased), but I'm not able to put them into the Timbre array. I'm stuck with whatever the currently loaded patch has.
This is the exact problem that I have.
I purchased Animoog the day it was released.
I got EVERY expansion on release day.
I assume I know what I am doing with the app since it has always worked perfectly up until the update.
Please try fixing this.