Animoog and iOS 8

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
klfnk

Re: Animoog and iOS 8

Post by klfnk » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:13 pm

expect to have it ready shortly.
Thanks for the update!
Moog Sub 37
Ableton Live 8.latest
Pro Tools 12 HD12.latest
RME Fireface UC
15" MacBook Pro Retina 2015 Yosemite

MacAquinas

Post by MacAquinas » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:39 pm

Moog Music wrote:We are working expediently on a release that fully resolves any and all of the issues you have brought forth, and expect to have it ready shortly.
We do apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

-Your Friends at Moog
The new iPhone update still has not fixed Restore Purchases, it is therefore impossible to use Midi Out.
May I suggest actually testing prior to release? This latest makes the 7th update in about 3 months. That's pretty embarrassing.

It's the best damn ios synth so it's a shame.
By the way, I love my Sub 37, it blew away all my expectations. I love Moog, but someone in the app department should be sweeping the floors or dumping the trash instead of releasing 2 broken app updates a month.
Black Minimoog Voyager XL, Sub37, Slim Phatty, Mother-32, MF-104M SD, MF-105M, MP-201, CP-251, Theremini, Animoog ;-) . Roland Fantom G8 & Integra-7, Korg MS-20

hmtx

Post by hmtx » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:19 pm

MacAquinas wrote: I love Moog, but...
the way I see it, someone at Moog is busy building synths. Probably the firmware guys happened to find some extra time to tinker with iOS software coding and offered us this amazing iOS app. I have nothing but praise. I do hope they are able to give it the time necessary to keep it updated and running smoothly.

MacAquinas

Post by MacAquinas » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:00 pm

hmtx wrote:
MacAquinas wrote: I love Moog, but...
the way I see it, someone at Moog is busy building synths. Probably the firmware guys happened to find some extra time to tinker with iOS software coding and offered us this amazing iOS app. I have nothing but praise. I do hope they are able to give it the time necessary to keep it updated and running smoothly.
The way you see it, is projecting the ideal over the facts, rose colored glasses some would call it. What they are in fact busy doing is making and releasing at least 2 broken app updates a month. iPhone and iPad updates in the last 3 months are a total of 6. 2 for the iPad, 4 for the iPhone, all broken. If they actually get it right next time it will then be 8 in total in just a few months.
The way it actually is, is the way I see it. I paid for the apps and I paid for all of the In-App Purchases. I also paid for my Sub 37 and am still waiting for the "Included in the box" Editor-Librarian but that is probably on hold while they run in circles wasting time instead of just simply actually testing the app update completely before releasing it once and then move on to other things. Restore Purchases broken, MIDI expansion broken, Audiobus broken. Whoever writes the description of the updates has borrowed your rose colored glasses because they claim to have nailed it with each update. I love Animoog and I love my Sub 37 and I just love Moog in general. It is not love to applaud failure and wasted time and resources, that is enabling self-destruction, not love. :idea:

EDITED:.........Today's "Update" still has a broken MIDI-OUT, yes still broken. BUSY BUSY
Black Minimoog Voyager XL, Sub37, Slim Phatty, Mother-32, MF-104M SD, MF-105M, MP-201, CP-251, Theremini, Animoog ;-) . Roland Fantom G8 & Integra-7, Korg MS-20

Bart_69

Post by Bart_69 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi,

I was so happy with the new update ... but midi-out is still not working.
I keep getting the "MIDI OUT DISABLED, PURCHASE IN STORE" while i've re installed even the app itself.
Please help ...

Thanks,
Bart

Kitusai

Post by Kitusai » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:06 pm

hello, still the same midi output bug with the 2.2.2. update.
best wishes from wild pyrenees mountains

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:29 pm

I sent an email to Moog support regarding the MIDI problem. They said a fix was in the works and should be ready soon so at least now we know it's being worked on.

so_monochrome

Post by so_monochrome » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:55 pm

It's really a bummer. Just bought a new iPad and was really excited to try the midi out with my Hardware but now this and still no fix :cry:

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:29 am

A good friend of mine is a programmer, and has published apps for the iPhone and iPad. And to Moog Music's defense I have to say that Apple doesn't make things easy for them. With every new iOS comes the task of recompiling, and often rewriting almost an entirely new app because of too many changes imposed by the stupid Apple programming. We've seen perfectly working ways of doing things in a previous iOS version being completely rewritten and completely non backward compatible with previous versions, over and over, needlessly. :evil:

Shame on Apple way more than on Moog Music's programming team.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Kitusai

Post by Kitusai » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:42 pm

hello, the 2.2.3 works! Thanks.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:50 am

I can also confirm that MIDI Out now works. Thanks Moog. I was playing the Sub 37 from the iPad Animoog keypad.

Now if they could integrate the XY Pad as a mod source that would be awesome. Oh wait ... The Sub 37 does seem to be receiving XY Pad midi from Animoog but cant figure out yet what it does yet. More fun ahead. :D

sonfish

Post by sonfish » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:01 am

I can confirm on a new iPad Air 2 that Animoog crashes upon startup.
Also, always had an issue restoring the 4 track.
Seeing as how I just got this incredible piece of machinery, I'm wondering when I can effectively use it?

Disarm D'arcy

Post by Disarm D'arcy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:58 pm

Animoog and Filtatron working perfectly on iPad mini retina (2) running iOS 8

skugga

Post by skugga » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:04 am

I'm having the same problems with an iPad Air2 and iConnect4+

I develop mobile apps for a living and know all about the hell that is Apples app store submission process and how long it takes to get even the simplest things through.

I'm like everyone in wanting this problem fixed, but totally understand how much of a pain Apple make it.

Joe Ben

Re: Animoog 2.2.3 and iOS 8.1.2

Post by Joe Ben » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:12 pm

I have used Animoog on an iPad 2 since it was released. It's the best synth made for iPad. I recently purchased the iPad Air 2 to replace my iPad 2 due to performance issues with apps. The iPad had a cracked screen and the iOS8 upgrade made it sluggish and caused audio glitches. The iPad Air 2 is running 1GB of RAM and a new tri-core processor (Apple chips usually run dual core) so I thought it would be super fast and stable. When I first received it (with iOS8.1.0) everything (including Animoog) seemed fine; but then i quickly realized the wifi was dropping after sleep. I updated to iOS 8.1.2 and resolved the issue. While preparing my presets in Animoog for live performance, Animoog crashed. I hoped it was a glitch so i restarted and it crashed again. Restarted the iPad Air 2 and tried again, slowly. Started with default preset, one voice ok, two voices ok, three voices ok.Cool! Switched to Acoustic Presets (I have almost all the available presets, missing only a few) and picked the second on the list and played one voice ok, two voices ok, three CRASH. One very important thing i must note here: I was running headphone out to external speakers. I removed the headphone out from the equation, seemed to work a little better but still would eventually crash. The past few days i have been testing it and some days it will work, some days it will crash on first note hit. One thing that seems to guarantee a crash is having headphone out connected. Another thing that seems to cause a crash is switching to a purchased suite of Presets, in my case it is the Acoustic (AC) set. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and restored purchases twice. Today I noticed that restarting did not help, and that it crashed on first not hit right after restart.

Hope this helps.

Joe Ben
joeben.com