Animoog and iOS 8

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
Satri

Animoog and iOS 8

Post by Satri » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone updated to iOS 8 (released today) and tested the current Animoog 2.1.1 with it? Anyone found issues?

I want to upgrade to iOS 8, but still want to play Animoog from time to time :-) I know we'll most probably have an update to the Animoog app soon, but until this actually happens, what about the current version under iOS 8?

Thanks for any feedback -- Alex
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

reidjazz

Re: Animoog and iOS 8

Post by reidjazz » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Animoog 2.1.1 crashes upon launch on my iPad Air under iOS 8.

:?

reidjazz

Satri

Post by Satri » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:44 pm

Oh... thanks reidjazz for the quick reply and warning!!
Animoog Beta Tester | Free albums of Animoog & Model 15 solos on animoog.org/satri/ | satri.bandcamp.com | Theremini | ROLI Seaboard RISE 49 | iPad Pro 12,9" | Alex / Satri

AndyPlankton

Post by AndyPlankton » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:55 am

same here - crash on startup

A lot of music apps from the 'BIG' names are suffering - cubasis has some Audiobus issues (update is already with apple for approval), iElectribe, iMS20 both crash on startup (Korg are currently testing and have promised an update schedule for the apps), iMini has audiobus issues (no word from Retronyms as yet)

I have recently rediscovered animoog after not using it for a while and am patiently waiting for the update. Shame I already upgraded to iOS8, as most of my software now doesn't work, I shouldn't have been so eager, and I should have waited.

Oh well, you live and learn !

mrkennethdel

Post by mrkennethdel » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:14 pm

It seems to work just fine on iPhone.

Satri

Post by Satri » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:13 pm

mrkennethdel wrote:It seems to work just fine on iPhone.
Good to know! The iPhone version has been updated at the end of August. For the iPad version, it has been more than a year ago! But an update is coming... And hopefully, this iOS 8 incompatibility issue will speed up the update process?? :-)

Control_Voltage

Post by Control_Voltage » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:46 am

Hi there,

Andy Hughes from the Moog Tech Lab here!!!

We have updated both applications and both are currently in testing now and appear to work properly in iOS 8. We still have more testing to do before submitting them to Apple and expect to submit in a week or so. We will alert the public when they go live in the App Store.

Thanks!!

Andy Hughes
Service Department Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

bluffmunkey

Post by bluffmunkey » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:31 am

Is there an ETA on the update?

I bought an iPad and Animoog literally in the last few days and there was no warning that it wouldn't work with iOS8 (in fact the specs actually say iOS7 or later).

More communication on this would be good as there are many threads like this on many different forums about Animoog.

gterickson

Post by gterickson » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi,

I made the mistake of updating to iOS 8 too early, but it is still possible to revert back to iOS 7 as the firmware is still available from apple. I just googled the instructions. It can seem complicated, but it was actually very easy. You will need to have your ipad connected to your computer and iTunes. It can't be done via wifi or over the cellular network.

Regards,
Greg

AndyPlankton

Post by AndyPlankton » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:55 am

Woo Hoo, Update has hit the store today, starts up fine, can't wait to get home and start playing :D

Schprocket

Post by Schprocket » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:49 am

Animoog 2.2.1 and iOS8, iPad 3rd gen.

I have no presets IAPs to restore, only MIDI Out, for which the restore function is currently broken.

The app informs me I need to purchase MIDI Out, I go to either restore or purchase - in either case the store recognises the purchase - and then it confirms that the IAP has been restored.

However, subsequent attempts to initiate MIDI Out result in the same thing, regardless of app-quitting and restarting, iPad restarting, or remove and reinstall.

NoonienS

Post by NoonienS » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:28 pm

Seems to work in general under Ios8, but when starting it as IAA instrument from Cubasis, I don't get any sound from Animoog (driving it from the virtual keyboard in Cubasis), no matter Midi configuration in Animoog (but Midi in general works). Is this supposed to work?

Kitusai

Post by Kitusai » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:23 pm

Hello, same problem with midi output restore purchase here in wild Pyrénées mountains. Fresh air and blue sky don't help this time.

klfnk

Post by klfnk » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:04 am

Yes same problem here as well. And it tells me that 4 track recording needs to be purchased, but that still works.

When can we get a response and fix for this?
Moog Sub 37
Ableton Live 8.latest
Pro Tools 12 HD12.latest
RME Fireface UC
15" MacBook Pro Retina 2015 Yosemite

Moog Music

Post by Moog Music » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:30 am

We are working expediently on a release that fully resolves any and all of the issues you have brought forth, and expect to have it ready shortly.
We do apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

-Your Friends at Moog