Sub 37 updated release date ?

Everything Sub.
JustABoy

Re: Sub 37 updated release date ?

Post by JustABoy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:59 pm

and there are quite a few bugs in it.. fw 1.0.2 on mine. by swapping from a preset programmed with an arpeggiation to a preset with synced modulation it gave up an almighty continuous fart and then neither buttons nor keyboard worked. power off.
also, anyone in uk or otherwise think the dot matrix display is shunted too far right? it appears to be held by a rubber mount, and the actual dot matrix is not square in front of the backlight.
(pauses to clean,err, egg off face)

bartleby

Post by bartleby » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:55 am

JustABoy wrote:and there are quite a few bugs in it.. fw 1.0.2 on mine. by swapping from a preset programmed with an arpeggiation to a preset with synced modulation it gave up an almighty continuous fart and then neither buttons nor keyboard worked. power off.
try fw 1.0.3 - it fixes the 'freeze while switching presets' thing.
still not entirely bug-free, but much more stable thatn 1.0.2.

Mickleman

Post by Mickleman » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:43 am

JustABoy wrote:also, anyone in uk or otherwise think the dot matrix display is shunted too far right? it appears to be held by a rubber mount, and the actual dot matrix is not square in front of the backlight.
I think this may be related to the light bleed issue that earlier units were experiencing. There was a report that there used to be light bleed between the dot matrix display and the wooden side, one suggestion was to place some rubber or something similar between the display and the side. I'm guessing at the moment because I haven't seen mine yet - still away :( and it may be this is how they have fixed that issue. More concerned about the bug fixes, but I guess that has to be expected with any new product.
Sub 37 Tribute, Slim Phatty, MF104M, MF108M, MF103, Moog EP3 Pedal, Doepfer A-100 System 2, Doepfer Dark Time, Korg R3, Korg SQ-1, Roland Gaia SH01, Roland Juno Di, Roland SE-02, Roland Sonar V Studio 100, MFB Tanzbar, Alesis Nanoverb 2, Strymon Big Sky.

monsieurx

Post by monsieurx » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:41 am

Cant believe it... Still no delivery dates for Germany (Thomann) and MusicStore also removed their delivery date. Contacted Thomann and there's 120 units to be delivered still... I can't believe people's orders are not done in the order of purchase also - it's the least you'd expect after such a long wait. I'll never buy another product like this. This is so frustrating and infuriating at the same time. For a first moog experience, it's already very sour...

HicoMe

Post by HicoMe » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:36 am

Cant believe it... Still no delivery dates for Germany (Thomann) and MusicStore also removed their delivery date. Contacted Thomann and there's 120 units to be delivered still.
That´s it, why I have canceld my order at MusicStore and ordered my Sub 37 in poland. Don´t understand in what sequence the Sub 37´s are delivered to different countrys and dealers ... :?

Best regards
Heiko
Last edited by HicoMe on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
My current Moogs: Sub 37
My former Moogs: Minimoog Model D, heavily selfmodified Prodigy, Satellite, Etherwave Theremin

Theme_Thod

Post by Theme_Thod » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:20 am

monsieurx wrote:Cant believe it... Still no delivery dates for Germany (Thomann) and MusicStore also removed their delivery date. Contacted Thomann and there's 120 units to be delivered still... I can't believe people's orders are not done in the order of purchase also - it's the least you'd expect after such a long wait. I'll never buy another product like this. This is so frustrating and infuriating at the same time. For a first moog experience, it's already very sour...
Not sure if you're aware... But all of these moog synthesizers are built by hand in asheville North Carolina by a small team of 4 or 5 guys per model. The guys at moog do a lot of work to make sure they aren't pushing faulty machines out of the door. They make sure everything is calibrated after letting every unit burn in for a couple of days. I'm sure you ordered yours a while ago, but thousands upon thousands of people around the world are waiting for theirs too. Patience my friend... It will be worth it!

Moog Music

Post by Moog Music » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:24 am

monsieurx wrote:Cant believe it... Still no delivery dates for Germany (Thomann) and MusicStore also removed their delivery date. Contacted Thomann and there's 120 units to be delivered still... I can't believe people's orders are not done in the order of purchase also - it's the least you'd expect after such a long wait. I'll never buy another product like this. This is so frustrating and infuriating at the same time. For a first moog experience, it's already very sour...
Hi monsieurx,
Please understand that we are building, testing, and calibrating these units by hand in the US for shipment around the world. This means that we don't get a large container full of ready-to-ship product and then distribute them. Our company is very small, and our team is building and shipping Sub 37 as fast as is possible. We have shipped some units to Germany as well as many other countries at this point, but we are also increasing production to better accommodate the demand for this product.

We do apologize for the delivery delays. I can assure you that we want you to have this synthesizer as badly as you want to have it.

Thank you for your patience,
-Your Friends at Moog

madhermit

Post by madhermit » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:37 pm

Canadian Distributor (SF) told my dealer they haven't even gotten a shipment yet. Sad madhermit is sad.
J. Dickinson
{MF-104m, Sub37}

egg

Post by egg » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:30 am

How many are out in the world now?
Were all those pre orders made in Jan/Feb?

I'm just confused by mixed messages, one saying that it's anytime now and then next shipment is October. If it's the latter, i'll be forced cancel and look for an alternative.

ronegen

Post by ronegen » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:30 am

We ordered four Sub 37's in a groupbuy in february at SoundSupplies in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
I sold my Sub Phatty almost direct after I made the pre-order for the 37, just to be ahead of the "dumping" of these machines.
The months of waiting and no communication started to get frustrating but then all of a sudden there was a phonecall from SoundSupplies that the Sub37's had arrived.
Picked up our Sub's last wednesday and I can tell you it's worth the wait. A true beast!

@egg: my unit has number 917.

greenborder

Post by greenborder » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:56 am

I pre-ordered in January and it finally arrived in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

Trust me it's well worth the wait, and mine arrived in perfect condition (even keybed etc.)

Mickleman

Post by Mickleman » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:02 am

My Sub number is 1203 and I pre-ordered in January, it arrived at UK Music Store on Friday 5th September.
Sub 37 Tribute, Slim Phatty, MF104M, MF108M, MF103, Moog EP3 Pedal, Doepfer A-100 System 2, Doepfer Dark Time, Korg R3, Korg SQ-1, Roland Gaia SH01, Roland Juno Di, Roland SE-02, Roland Sonar V Studio 100, MFB Tanzbar, Alesis Nanoverb 2, Strymon Big Sky.

monokit

Post by monokit » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:58 pm

egg wrote:How many are out in the world now?
Were all those pre orders made in Jan/Feb?

I'm just confused by mixed messages, one saying that it's anytime now and then next shipment is October. If it's the latter, i'll be forced cancel and look for an alternative.
Many...mine is # 826 and just arrived yesterday from Thomann. But i have the keys 1mm lower issue...and the LCD gap issue too. I am thinking about returning it for repair.

mr-emulator

Post by mr-emulator » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:59 pm

The question is NOT when have YOU ordered your Sub 37 at the store. The question is, when have THEY ordered the Subs. If they propably waited to have 50 preorders to place their order propably in April, May or even June then maybe some shop that only ordered 5 or 10 units in Febuary got satisfied first. I don't like it either and i am considering to cancel my preorder for now and get myself a DS Pro2 and buy the Sub 37 next year when availablity should be better. I don't care if its the tribute edition with wooden panels then. It totally depends on which synth shows up to be available first. And maybe the regular edition is a bit cheaper. :mrgreen:

monsieurx

Post by monsieurx » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:31 am

Moog Music wrote:
Hi monsieurx,
Please understand that we are building, testing, and calibrating these units by hand in the US for shipment around the world. This means that we don't get a large container full of ready-to-ship product and then distribute them. Our company is very small, and our team is building and shipping Sub 37 as fast as is possible. We have shipped some units to Germany as well as many other countries at this point, but we are also increasing production to better accommodate the demand for this product.

We do apologize for the delivery delays. I can assure you that we want you to have this synthesizer as badly as you want to have it.

Thank you for your patience,
-Your Friends at Moog
Thanks for your encouragement! I know this is not a mass produced thing and i appreciate that. I know how distributors work too but seeing a delivery date being pushed back twice and then disappearing is far from reassuring...

Im sure many will agree that it would be nice to see more demos of what the sub can do to appease our patience... :D