mod 2 amount allways full

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
J C Selector

mod 2 amount allways full

Post by J C Selector » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:25 am

Hi there, has anyone had this fault where the 2nd mod bus amount is allways at the full amount and the amount knob does nothing?
I just got my XL back from repair (in Melbourne Australia ) and it still isn't repaired.
I don't understand, the technician mustn't know how to test it ?
Just sent an email to moog US so I will see what they say. There is no warranty as its second hand.
Thanx.

JnGd

Re: mod 2 amount allways full

Post by JnGd » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi,

Did you receive an answer towards your situation here ?

J C Selector

Post by J C Selector » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:59 am

No, still in repair shop.
I should have it back soon, and will let you know what was done.

J C Selector

Post by J C Selector » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:58 pm

Sorry for the delay, turns out it was an IC that was shared by both mod busses. The tech tested it and seemed ok, but further tests found that half of it was faulty.
So all fixed now :D

JnGd

Post by JnGd » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:12 pm

Hi,
don't be sorry for that delay! Is the IC the one that would take care of the shapers ?
I read that they are summed together and shared by both mod busses...so...anyhow
you are back on the horse !

DeckardTrinity

Post by DeckardTrinity » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:42 am

I just read this thread today, and tonight discovered that my XL seems to be having the same fault - Pedal/On bus is always at full regardless of where I set the Amount dial to (and I have checked all the Pot mapping and other Edit mode pages to make sure nothing else is modulating it). No plugs plugged into the patch panel either. Ugh. At least it is still under warranty, but just to be sure, is there anything else I can check before I start the pain of sending it in?

DeckardTrinity

Post by DeckardTrinity » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:15 am

Called up Moog service yesterday, confirmed that I need a repair - I was glad to learn that I just need to send in the analog board, not the whole keyboard. The tech said it was one of the opamp chips that failed and he knew exactly which one needed to be swapped out. A rare failure but he has seen a few over the years.

J C Selector

Post by J C Selector » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:04 am

DeckardTrinity wrote:Called up Moog service yesterday, confirmed that I need a repair - I was glad to learn that I just need to send in the analog board, not the whole keyboard. The tech said it was one of the opamp chips that failed and he knew exactly which one needed to be swapped out. A rare failure but he has seen a few over the years.
Wow, I wish the tech (Moog autharised ) that fixed mine was as good as yours.

DeckardTrinity

Post by DeckardTrinity » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:20 pm

Yeah, that definitely helped keep the cost of shipping to a minimum. The repair itself took about a month total though due to their backlog, not much can be done about that, but the XL is now fully up and running again!

J C Selector

Post by J C Selector » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:45 pm

One good thing about having your Voyager in repairs for a while is, when you get it back, its almost like getting one for the first time again, lots of "wow", and "ohh yeah" moments. :D