stand for voyager and sub 37

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
pinkles

stand for voyager and sub 37

Post by pinkles » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:43 pm

Hi everyone, I know there are a few threads re: keyboard stands, but I haven't come across one regarding this particular combination. I have a sub 37 coming in the next few weeks and want a 2 tier stand so that I can rack it above or below my voyager. I still want to be able to keep the voyager's panel tilted up. On top of this, Im having trouble because I need a stand with a small footprint, and none of the manufacturers seem to list that info. Ideally, I need the depth of the stand to be 22" or less. Would also prefer something that is plain black and doesn't have the stand company's logo plastered everywhere. I'm not going to gig with it, so that sort of durability isn't a deciding factor. I prefer racking at standing height, but would be fine moving to a set up in which the top keyboard was at that height (maybe in the neighborhood of 33" from the floor) or lower and the lower keyboard was at sitting height. So, then main points:

As shallow as possible while still being able to hold the 18" deep voyager.
A tier at least 13" of space above it to accommodate the back of the voyager plus cabling. Id prefer this be the bottom tier, but Id be willing to put the voyager above if I have to.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

stiiiiiiive

Re: stand for voyager and sub 37

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:03 am

Hey Pinkles.
I like very much an extended K&M 18850 (from memory).

It's a 4 leg, sturdy, steady stand that can handle 80kg. You can change the length and the minimum fits the Voyager's length. As well as the fixed depth matches the Voyager's.So basically, the footprint can be the same as the Voyager's. Height can be set, the lowest setting being approximatively that one of a piano.

The extension can handle 30kg, i.e. the Voyager can sit above too. The angle can be set as well as the depth offset with respect to the main table.

I use two of them + a third one which is shallower but cannot be set in length (ref. 18853 IIRC); more for digital piano like instruments. To me, this one doesn't fit very well synths like that. Back to the 18850, I've used them in different configurations: Voyager + foogers above, Nord Electro + Little Phatty above, Nord Electro + Voayger above.

Only two drawbacks:
- quite expensive (110 eur + 40 eur here in EU)
- when gigging, those are 10kg more to handle.

I'm very happy with them.

Nota: I think similar sturdy stands exists in other brands in US...

gian77

Post by gian77 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:52 am

Hi,

I use this one : Hercules KS410B
Z-stand with extension, it's flexible and can handle heavy, I recommand :D

Distributor in US is KMC Music
Sub 37 (FW 1.2.0 / 1.0.1), Minitaur (FW 2.2.2 / 3.3.0), MF-Drive & MF-Delay
Ableton Live 11 on macOS Big Sur v11.2.3

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:00 am

pinkles

Post by pinkles » Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:16 pm

Thanks everyone, but no one seems to be able to tell me how deep any of these are, and thats what I really need to know. The on stage stands model isnt really my thing because they have plastered their logo everywhere. Im intrigued by the K and M, but am trying to determine if the space to accommodate the main component of that frame is going to push the keyboard out by more than a few inches, as that would give me the same problem. Basically I need to keep the front of the stand or any element on it within 23" inches of the wall. Im coming up short as most manufacturers refuse to include the depth in their online specs and their customer support services dont seem to answer emails with these questions.

Bald Eagle

Post by Bald Eagle » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:01 pm

The On-Stage dual tier Z-Stand requires about 28 inches of depth. This is from the back end of the top tier to the front end of the bottom feet. The lower tier extends 23 inches from back. Plenty of room without the board hanging over the edge. The adjustment knobs which are a bit less than 2 inches in diameter do have the logo on them but only 2 of them are facing the stage. No other logos.

pinkles

Post by pinkles » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:34 am

Thanks Bald Eagle. Thats exactly the info I needed.

EricK

Post by EricK » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:51 pm

This is a quicklock two tier. I use this with my Voyager, but the downside is that to accomodate the width of the Voyager it is pretty high.

Leg depth: 26"
Main tier depth: 17-9/10"
Second tier depth: 15-4/5"

It's about 33.5 inches to the Voyager's cabinet, not to the rubber feet.

Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

GregAE

Post by GregAE » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:46 am

<< This is a quicklock two tier. I use this with my Voyager, but the downside is that to accomodate the width of the Voyager it is pretty high. >>

I have a similar stand, and solved that problem simply by placing a piece of shelving across the bottom tier so that any keyboard that is placed there will be at a comfortable height.

To keep a consistent look, the shelving is painted black so that it blends in with the stand & gear.

- Greg