Minitaur Editor - Hardware Disconnected

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
cmyk

Re: Minitaur Editor - Hardware Disconnected

Post by cmyk » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:53 am

Is it possible to have any of the older firmwares available to download? In particular 2.0.0.32 firmware.

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:20 am

cmyk wrote:
Also, I get a few stuck notes when triggering from DSI Tempest. Is there a way to stop stuck notes without restarting the device?
Yes, press and keep holding the Glide button, then turn the Release knob next to it fully counterclockwise
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Update -- if you are having this "hardware disconnected" problem on Windows...

we are testing a new Windows USB MIDI driver for the Minitaur which might help this problem.

If you'd like to try it and see if the new driver helps to resolve the problem, please email me directly and I can send you the driver.
It has a simple installer and is easy to uninstall via the Windows Control Panel when you're done testing. (assuming it works, we'll roll out an official driver after more testing)

email is amos (at) mo ogmusic. com

there's also a new build of the Minitaur Editor; I don't think it will improve the "disconnected" issue but it should fix the problem where the plugin was not appearing in some VST hosts:

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... .1-OSX.zip (mac)
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/mi ... INDOWS.zip (windows)

cheers,

Amos

cmyk

Post by cmyk » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:06 pm

bichuelo wrote:
cmyk wrote:
Also, I get a few stuck notes when triggering from DSI Tempest. Is there a way to stop stuck notes without restarting the device?
Yes, press and keep holding the Glide button, then turn the Release knob next to it fully counterclockwise
I've tried this but it doesn't work.

I have pressed & held the glide button, then turn the decay/release knob to the left. The note is still stuck!

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:12 pm

Are you using the latest firmware?
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

cmyk

Post by cmyk » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:35 pm

I'm pretty sure I am using the latest update. Although I am experiencing the same 'hardware disconnected' so I can't be sure.

I can live with the 'hardware disconnected' message for a bit, but ideally I would like to stop these stuck notes asap! I can lower the volume on the mixing desk & unplug the power cable to reset, but I don't want to be doing that during a live set. As the popular meme goes... "ain't nobody got time for that"!

Would love a fix for both issues, but that may be wishful thinking!

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:58 pm

slight mis-communication here; its the Amp EG SUSTAIN knob (which is next to the Glide button).
Hold GLIDE button and turn SUSTAIN knob next to it, to minimum. That will kill stuck notes.

As for why you're getting stuck notes; not sure... if it only happens from the Tempest than maybe Tempest is the culprit.

As for "hardware disconnected" -- I've had one person report back that the Windows USB MIDI driver for Minitaur has fixed that problem for him. That's good news! :)

cmyk

Post by cmyk » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:42 pm

Ah ok! That's brilliant. I'll give it a go.

I suspect it is Tempest causing it. I've flagged it up to their technical support.

I'm using OSX, but I'll try that update you posted & let you know how I get on with it.

Thanks for the help!

circuitt

Post by circuitt » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Windows 7 64 here. Firmware v2.1 WIN , Editor Version 3.0.0

Under settings it says Minitaur firmware version: Disconnected.
It seems I can control functions with the editor, Turn oscillators on and off etc..
But not the other way around..

circuitt

Post by circuitt » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:45 pm

Same issue with version 2.1.1 FW AND 3.0.1 Editor (Firmware version: Disconnected)
Also I should be able to use the Minitaur editor as a bridge to another usb midi device (Novation Remote SL) ? So i can noodle around with the minitaur without having to launch a daw.

tokintone

Post by tokintone » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:13 am

Hi. I'm still getting stuck notes on my MT from my MPC or ableton. I'm on 2.1.0 and editor 3.0.0
Also, the editor on OSX mavericks is very unpredictable when scrolling through presets (i.e. it will only let me scroll down, not up, and is still gets confused with preset names)
The link to the new build 3.0.1 is broken as well
Other than that, great sounding synth (it's only just becoming useable to me though) and great editor (apart from the niggles mentioned)

spcd

Post by spcd » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:44 am

So where are we with this??

I've just bought mine today but as I only have a usb midi controller,
I can't play it at all as it says hardware disconnected...
It is the 2d product I've bought from Moog and 2 times, the USB connectivity is problematic.

I am on Maverick, usb3.0.

The calibration message seems to be sent to the Minitaur so I was able to appreciate the sound here...
That's not really the best way to have fun with it.

When are you going to fix that?
Having to "wait for sub37 to be released before we try to fix it" seems to be a non-answer and very insulting to your existing client btw.

MC

Post by MC » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:12 pm

Yeah, I have a MT sitting here unused until the problem gets fixed and my patience is starting to wear thin.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

MarkContrastwax

Post by MarkContrastwax » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Any news on this yet? I have just bought the minitaur FINALLY got it to show up in my VST's but i cant adjust any parameters via the machine, I cant record automation either, I bought this because i wanted to use it, Not to keep in the box and look pretty! Its such a shame as its a beast when it gets going, It'd just be nice to use it!

Mark

MarkContrastwax

Post by MarkContrastwax » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:49 pm

It's a shame, but i'm returning this. It's a great synth IF you could be bothered with making it work.

If you ever get it running properly then please let me know and i'll pick up another, but for now..its a korg ms 20 or the minibrute.