RIP Kevin Lightner/Synthfool

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
bichuelo

Re: RIP Kevin Lightner/Synthfool

Post by bichuelo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:01 pm

I didn't have contact with him either :(

My first memories are from synthmuseum and other sites which had his images, they have been up there for ages, and hopefully will remain for very long
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:11 pm

It pleases me to inform you all here that Monica Lightner is staying with friends at the moment and is doing well under the circumstances. :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

Pro-502

Post by Pro-502 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:24 pm

Voltor07 wrote:It pleases me to inform you all here that Monica Lightner is staying with friends at the moment and is doing well under the circumstances. :mrgreen:
Good to hear, thanks for the update mate.

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:37 pm

Thanks for the follow-up Voltor. Glad to hear that.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:33 am

I am a good friend of the Lightners, so I will continue to update everyone here with information as it becomes available. This is a very hard time for all of us, especially Monica. I only wish I could have met Kevin in person. His legacy will continue to live on, though he was humble enough to not believe that his existence made a difference in the world, contrary to my beliefs. Monica is keeping Kevin's e-mail address live, so if anyone wants to message her, you can contact her that way.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

BrianK

Post by BrianK » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:19 am

Friends here have been calling each other this week, sharing stories and memories of him. It's hard to believe he's not around, out just somewhere. I did visit a few times this year and it was getting more and more final - hope was just not a word anyone could use. Then the last we communicated was some weird stuff, very angry and hurtful, despite years of friendship. However, as all his friends knew, he had hot/cold situations with many people, and that situation could change like a switch, it was part of the territory. He was generous to friends (and those he didn't know) and held anger for those he felt transgressed; it's just the way he was. I hope he felt the friendship of many, he ought to have, even when it's not always right there to see/feel. Peace, at last, that's the only silver lining I can find... Many people asked if there will be services/a memorial; I hope so, he would have a GOOD turnout, which might have made him smile. ;)

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:28 am

Monica told me during a phone call that there would not be a memorial service. She didn't want there to be a bunch of people standing around talking about synthesizers, which makes sense, actually. Everyone who knew Kevin for any length of time knows how humble he was, almost to a fault. The world lost a great person, not just a fantastic synth technician, which, unfortunately, is what many people will remember him as. Yes, he was very good at what he did, but that's not who he was. That was just the tip of the legacy he left behind.

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:26 am

Fly on Kevin, Fly on!