problem minitaur editor + ableton push + windows 8.1 pro

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
yari

problem minitaur editor + ableton push + windows 8.1 pro

Post by yari » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:21 pm

hi, i've bought a moog minitaur 4 day ago and i can't get it work on ableton live using Push as a minitaur's controller.
i have abeton live 9.1.2, moog minitaur editor 3.0, moog minitaur firmware 2.1 and everything run on Windows 8.1 pro.
Ableton Push and Moog Minitaur are connected via USB.

I've tryed 2 methods:

Method 1
if i set (as a photo in a link below):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ud8 ... sp=sharing
Preferences--->MIDI sync---> Input: Moog Minitaur ---> Yes
Preferences--->MIDI sync---> Output: Moog Minitaur ---> Yes

i can set an External Instrument with settings:
MIDI to: Moog Minitaur
Ch.1
Audio from : ch.1
but when i drag into a channel a Minitaur Editor this displays "Disconnected", and if i try to play notes using Ableton Push, minitaur doesn't play nothing (see photo in a link below)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X4X ... sp=sharing

Method 2
if i set (as a photo in a link below):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ytU ... sp=sharing
Preferences--->MIDI sync---> Input: Moog Minitaur ---> No
Preferences--->MIDI sync---> Output: Moog Minitaur ---> No

i can't set Moog Minitaur as an External instrument because there isn't as an option in a drag menu (see photo in a link below):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15Mw ... sp=sharing

this time when i drag into a channel a Minitaur Editor is connected to a system beacause it displays "FIRMWARE VERSION 2.1." and it displays all MINITAUR GLOBAL SETTINGS. (see a photo in a link below)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14Km ... sp=sharing

this time i can recall all presets stored in minitaur editor, if i rotate knobs in minitaur hardware i see rotating knobs in minitaur editor, if i click led buttons in minitaur hardware i see clicked led buttons in minitaur editor and same on reverse situation, but if i try to play notes using Ableton Push, minitaur doesn't still play nothing

anyone would help me please?

MC

Re: problem minitaur editor + ableton push + windows 8.1 pro

Post by MC » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:57 am

There are many other minitaur owners having the similar issues, including myself.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Systolic

Post by Systolic » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:13 pm

With Windows, you can't have two programs sending MIDI to the same external device via USB. If you want to use the editor and the Push at the same time you have to use the USB cable for the editor, and another MIDI cable to play the Minitaur with the Push. It is currently the ONLY way you can do it. You would use method 2 from your post, turning off the USB connection to the Minitaur in the MIDI synch preferences, then create an external instrument, set the MIDI out to the MIDI out port for a MIDI cable to in on the Minitaur, then drop the editor plug in on that external instrument. It should then work.

An explanation is in the read me file:
"IMPORTANT NOTE for Windows users: At this time, the Minitaur is using the Windows default driver for USB-MIDI. This driver has a serious limitation; only one application can use it at a time. This means the Editor OR your DAW software (but not both) can use the USB-MIDI port on the Minitaur. If the DAW is using the USB-MIDI, then the editor will report Òhardware disconnectedÓ. The solution is to use a second DIN MIDI interface for your DAW, and make sure the DAW is not using the Minitaur USB MIDI port.

We are working on a custom Windows driver solution which will allow multi-client use,and plan to make this Windows driver available to all Minitaur users as soon as possible."

However, there are some issues with 2.1.0 with it showing hardware disconnected. See the "Minitaur Editor - Hardware Disconnected" thread if you are having that problem.

jaydo1

Post by jaydo1 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:03 am

Hi Is there any update on this matter ?

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:06 am

jaydo1 wrote:Hi Is there any update on this matter ?
Yes, we're testing a new USB MIDI driver for Windows now. Connect the Minitaur via USB to your Windows PC and run this driver installer to check it out:
http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/Mo ... 2.23.0.zip

There are some folks who are having an installation error with the driver; we are looking into that and hope to have more info / a solution ASAP… but for everyone who is able to install the driver OK, it solves this particular problem and they can send MIDI notes straight from the DAW to the MInitaur, while also using the editor.

If you install the Moog USB MIDI driver and it doesn't work, just let me know... you can uninstall the driver from the Windows Control Panel (uninstall programs icon) and it will revert to the Windows driver the next time you plug in the Minitaur.

MR79

Post by MR79 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:28 am

Hi, I just receive my Minitaur and I have follow all the installation prodecure (firmware update 2.1.1) BUT after installing the driver 2.23, Windows (10 64bit) does not recognize the Minitaur!!! And the editor too.... In my devices manager, I have the yellow exclamation point on the Minitaur...... Because the driver is NOT correctly installed.... But it is!!! SO what is the problem???
Thank you for help!!!
Minitaur
Ableton Live 9
Win10 64bit