LP CV out back into itself

Everything Phatty.
mrkennethdel

LP CV out back into itself

Post by mrkennethdel » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:31 pm

Is anybody else doing this? I find it to be very fun. The LP is my only piece of gear with CV.

DonutDude

Re: LP CV out back into itself

Post by DonutDude » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:54 pm

Good one stiiiiiiiive :)

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:43 pm

mrkennethdel wrote:Is anybody else doing this? I find it to be very fun. The LP is my only piece of gear with CV.
Yes, it used to be my only piece of CV gear too. Being able to control volume with the (often MIDI-sync'd) built-in LFO is a bonus for things like tremolo sounds. My only wish is a "LFO DEST 1:OFF" setting to remove the internal modulation routing when patching back into itself, in a modular fashion. I asked Amos once and it's not possible, as the CV out signal IS taken directly from that internal routing.

I'd like to hear of any semi-modular patches using only a CV-Out-Modded Phatty, if anyone is willing to share!

Regards,
David
NZ
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:06 am

@DonutDude: ;)

More seriously, I tried a couple of times just to check it works I cannot remember what I patched though.

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:24 pm

mrkennethdel wrote:Is anybody else doing this? The LP is my only piece of gear with CV.
Putting a CP-251 in between the LP CV Outs and the LP CV Ins gives you lots of new sound shaping power.

For those new to the Little Phatty, Control Voltage Outs are an optional mod (and well worth adding):

http://www.moogmusic.com/products/phatt ... dification

CV Outs were also available pre-installed on certain exclusive versions from several retailers.

Here's a video showing some of the things you can do with CV Outs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkm-2OuIOhI
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

mrkennethdel

Post by mrkennethdel » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:23 pm

_DemonDan_ wrote:
mrkennethdel wrote:Is anybody else doing this? The LP is my only piece of gear with CV.
Putting a CP-251 in between the LP CV Outs and the LP CV Ins gives you lots of new sound shaping power.
I've contemplated one of these. The hesitation is because there's no way to sync to clock. I looked for an MP-201 for awhile but dang they're expensive.