Voyager and gigging

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
voyager0500

Voyager and gigging

Post by voyager0500 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:08 am

Hey guys,
I was just wondering how many gig regularly with their Voyagers? How do you transport it to gigs?
I normally gig 3-4 times a month with mine, using the soft bag.
'i used to be a plastic cup..'
-remarkable-

MC

Re: Voyager and gigging

Post by MC » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:28 am

I gig mine with an Anvil case. Soft bags are asking for trouble. Soft bags may be lighter, but they are also easy to steal. They don't protect the instrument very well. They are not built very well either - My Voyager SE came with the soft case but the zipper tags broke off. I have a soft bag for my guitar amp modeller and the straps broke off that one. I'm done with soft bags.

I have gigged for decades and have tried many hard cases that have fallen apart from gigging. Anvil or Calzone cases have proven to be very good investments.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:47 pm

Hard case with wheels and a handles. Moog no longer makes this version.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:31 pm

Is that the molded case?

Just Me

Post by Just Me » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:37 pm

Not molded. Built like a Cabbage or Anvil with keylocking twist latches and high density foam interior. Moog logo screen printed on it. ( i wish it was not, makes it more theft bait with the logo)
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

voyager0500

Post by voyager0500 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:07 am

I was looking at getting one of those ATA or ATA style cases as they seem to be really good at protecting the Voyager. Whenever I take mine with the gig bag, I never put anything near it ie. just lay it flat on the back seat etc.

The main problem with taking the Voyager to gigs for me is that it goes out of tune after a few outings and i have to re-tune it which ive done last night.
'i used to be a plastic cup..'
-remarkable-