MIDI Controller for Taurus 3

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
bvradenburg

MIDI Controller for Taurus 3

Post by bvradenburg » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi, I have a Taurus 3 and a Little Phatty. However, I am have a tough time using the Phatty to fully control the Taurus 3. I have tried direct MIDI cables and USB via Ableton Live. It somewhat works but then certain parameters don't seem to be able to be controlled and I don't seem to be able to reliably switch patches on the T3. I rarely use the foot controllers on the T3 but I have had many instances where I would like to use keys to play it.

Is what I am trying to do possible? If so, any tips on how I can make it work correctly? Do I need another MIDI controller? I see some folks claim success with an Akai MPK25. Perhaps there is an iPad app that can be used for what I am trying to do? Any help is much appreciated.

Portamental

Re: MIDI Controller for Taurus 3

Post by Portamental » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:36 pm

A controller with Merge output (such as the Behringer BCR 2000) would work in theory, but with software such as Ableton and the rest, differences in implementation between devices, and all sorts of other issues, you might bite into something harder than you can chew.

The best solution in my opinion would be something like M-Audio Midisport 4x4. Plug USB into the computer, your Phatty and Taurus (and another keyboard controller if you use one) with midi cables and control each of them separately or together from your software.

psynthetic

Re: MIDI Controller for Taurus 3

Post by psynthetic » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:10 am

I've also had trouble getting my T3 responding to MIDI properly.. but currently it's my only synth so I don't have much to compare it too..

an update for the T3 is around the corner and i've reported some of the MIDI issues i've been having to Amos, so fingers crossed.