Post your latest purchase!!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
MC

Re: Post your latest purchase!!

Post by MC » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:20 am

EricK I have a six string Alvarez just like that. Great bass guitar. Didn't get the bargain you did though :shock:
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:04 pm

MC, does yours have fret buzzing? I'm trying to work that out.

Alvarez told me these basses retailed at 899. It doesn't feel like a 900 bass to me but I think I'm beginning to like it more than my 4. Even with it's active EMGs.

DO you know if EMGs will fit in the 6? The cavity is quite cramped already though for a battery.

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

EricK

Post by EricK » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Got this in the mail from Echofix today. If you notice the switch near the heads in the bottom photo, this kills the power to the motor.

Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

MC

Post by MC » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:44 am

EricK wrote:MC, does yours have fret buzzing? I'm trying to work that out.
No fret buzz problems.
Alvarez told me these basses retailed at 899. It doesn't feel like a 900 bass to me but I think I'm beginning to like it more than my 4. Even with it's active EMGs.
My pickups are passive and are not marked EMGs. No battery anywhere.
DO you know if EMGs will fit in the 6? The cavity is quite cramped already though for a battery.
Dunno, never tried it and I'm happy with the stock pickups.
Gear list: '04 Saturn Ion, John Deere X300 tractor, ganged set of seven reel mowers for 3 acres of lawn, herd of sheep for backup lawn mowers, two tiger cats for mouse population control Oh you meant MUSIC gear Oops I hit the 255 character limi

IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo » Tue May 06, 2014 5:22 pm

Got myself one of this...

This isn't exactly mine, but it's exactly how it will look when assembled. I would put it together myself, but taxes in my country makes this impossible to me... then I asked Adam (Laurentide Synth Works) to build one and send me to Brazil. :)

Can't wait to get my hands on this beauty!!
Moog Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition and Little Phatty Stage II | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm | Mutable Instruments Ambika | Korg Minilogue

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Thu May 08, 2014 7:13 pm

Some nice purchases here!! I haven't updated my purchases in a while so now I've got quite a hoard to report!

A few months ago I got a pair of these KRK Rokit 6" Studio Monitors, with stands:

About a month ago I got one of these beasts, locally (Minimoog Voyager XL):

I just ordered an ATA Flight Case & Dust Cover for the Voyager XL, but I also added a few other goodies! (below)

A second MF-104M Analog Delay (for stereo/series delay patches etc.):

A Rode NT2000 Variable Pattern Condenser Microphone with shockmount, pop shield, flight case, and mic. stand:

Call me crazy, but gear is awesome.. :lol:

David.
NZ
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

Europanaut

Post by Europanaut » Fri May 09, 2014 1:27 am

Hey all! My first post! Looks like a fun and informative forum!

The Mem is the new guy in this pic.

But I also had to include some of the Mem's new friends, and of course the mighty studio dogs (during a rare moment of "off-couch" activity)!

Euro

red

Post by red » Fri May 09, 2014 9:58 am

a funky Grendel drone commander !

...I was surprised about the richness of sound textures, also the filter is sounding awesome!
::red

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Mon May 12, 2014 7:11 pm

Europanaut wrote:Hey all! My first post! Looks like a fun and informative forum!

But I also had to include some of the Mem's new friends, and of course the mighty studio dogs (during a rare moment of "off-couch" activity)!

Euro

Welcome to the forum! :D

That's a nice collection of vintage Moogs you have there! 8)

David
NZ
Minimoog Voyager XL, Little Phatty Stage II + CV Output Mod, 2x Slim Phatty, Minitaur, MP-201, EP-2, 2x CP-251, MF-102, MF-104M, MF-107

Europanaut

Post by Europanaut » Tue May 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Thanks David! In addition to the obvious Moogs, there's one more bit of Moogishness hidden in the photo. Barely visible, but probably impossible to identify. Here's a hint....think "Bell Tone".

Euro

David Smyth wrote:
Europanaut wrote:Hey all! My first post! Looks like a fun and informative forum!

Euro

Welcome to the forum! :D

That's a nice collection of vintage Moogs you have there! 8)

David
NZ

Tidda

Post by Tidda » Wed May 14, 2014 5:38 pm

Europanaut wrote:Thanks David! In addition to the obvious Moogs, there's one more bit of Moogishness hidden in the photo. Barely visible, but probably impossible to identify. Here's a hint....think "Bell Tone".

Euro

That must be an MG-1 on the floor under the Minimoog then ?

Tidda

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Wed May 14, 2014 7:43 pm

Tidda wrote:
Europanaut wrote:Thanks David! In addition to the obvious Moogs, there's one more bit of Moogishness hidden in the photo. Barely visible, but probably impossible to identify. Here's a hint....think "Bell Tone".

Euro

That must be an MG-1 on the floor under the Minimoog then ?

Tidda
Ah yes, that would make sense!

"Bell Tone" made me think Ring Modulator, and seeing as there's one included in the MG-1 under the label "Bell Tone", I think that seals the deal!

David
NZ

Europanaut

Post by Europanaut » Wed May 14, 2014 8:34 pm

Tidda for the win!

Here's today's purchase. (Been lucking out a bit lately.)

Anyone have a Micromoog badge?

MC

Post by MC » Thu May 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Nice kennel I mean studio :mrgreen:

David Smyth

Post by David Smyth » Thu May 15, 2014 8:06 pm

OK, so despite my recent (large) purchases, I still managed to buy something else that popped up second hand.. :roll:

A discontinued (pretty rare here) Roland GI-20, for a good price:

I've been looking out for one of these for a while now - I've had a Roland GK-3B Divided 13-Pin Bass Pickup for some time, in it's packaging, waiting for a GI-20 to decode the signals to MIDI.

Now I should be able to control my fleet of Moogs from my 6-string bass! :D :D

David
NZ