Sub 37 updated release date ?

Everything Sub.
mr-emulator

Re: Sub 37 updated release date: November ?

Post by mr-emulator » Sat May 03, 2014 5:02 pm

Well i think one problem is, that the tribute edition is limited to 1000 units wordlwide and propably allready all spoken for. So this could be the "smaller" batch dealers are talking about, followed by the regular edition afterwards. German distributor homepage says that the regular edition will have the sythetic side panels of the Litte Phatty Stage II instead of teh wood panels.

wordsdrawnigh

Post by wordsdrawnigh » Sat May 03, 2014 6:22 pm

The Tribute edition is limited to 1000 units? I thought it was limited to one year of production...

Poptones

Post by Poptones » Sat May 03, 2014 7:07 pm

On the NAMM it was said "a little over a year."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhOTga2erBc#t=69

No comment about exact numbers. According to the Vintage Synth Explorer site, 1,200 units of the Little Phatty Tribute Edition have been built. So it seems fair to assume that they are going to produce a similar number for the current Sub 37 series. In case they are going to be individually numbered, we'll get the definite answer once they start shipping.
Beta Test Info:
macOS 10.12.6 | Ableton Live Suite 10 | plug-in format: AU | current Moog gear: MF-104M Analog Delay, Minitaur, Sub 37 Tribute Edition

mr-emulator

Post by mr-emulator » Sat May 03, 2014 7:29 pm

This number is at least what the official german distributor says on their homepage. And since they are not just some dealer but actually the guys who handle distribution with dealers for Moog here, i hope they are well informed.

It's mentioned and even highlited in the last paragraph and should be understandable even if you speak no german. :)

http://www.emc-de.com/index.php?option= ... Itemid=141

Sve

Post by Sve » Mon May 05, 2014 8:06 am

I've got an e-mail from the dealer that I've pre-ordered from in early February.

They said: "Apologies for the continued delay to your order. We have been in touch with our supplier, and they have unfortunately put back the ETA for our order of Sub 37 to the end of June."

then on the phone they said "probably july"

and now I see on their website that "Next delivery due: Friday, 1 Aug 2014"

http://www.andertons.co.uk/synths-amp-w ... esizer.asp

getting a bit pissed off about all that waiting.......... :x :x :x

DeckardTrinity

Post by DeckardTrinity » Mon May 05, 2014 3:09 pm

I've read elsewhere and heard directly from my salesperson at Sweetwater that their allotment from Moog is larger than any other dealer out there, so I expect they will be getting them (and more of them) when they do finally start shipping. I pre-ordered two weeks ago, and at that time he said that they were not even close to filling all of their pre-orders, so I don't know what could have happened in the last two weeks to cause that to change.

Also... production has not even begun on these units - this week was the last info I heard about when production would start.

Poptones

Post by Poptones » Mon May 05, 2014 6:31 pm

The Sweetwater description now says the following:

"Moog expects the new Sub 37 Tribute Edition analog synthesizer to begin shipping in limited quantities by early July."
Beta Test Info:
macOS 10.12.6 | Ableton Live Suite 10 | plug-in format: AU | current Moog gear: MF-104M Analog Delay, Minitaur, Sub 37 Tribute Edition

Sve

Post by Sve » Tue May 06, 2014 5:44 am

today I received this one: "Unfortunately the supplier for Moog in the UK (Source Distribution) has put back the ETA to August."
and I've ordered it on 3rd of February...

First they've sent me a message that it'd arrive by the end of June, then on the phone they told me "probably July", now "August"

just hoping to see it this year!

monsieurx

Post by monsieurx » Tue May 06, 2014 8:35 am

Just ordered a Sub 37, my first Moog!... The wait is going to be long...

Thomann's delivery date was still June 13 a couple days ago, but they changed it to "we don't know when"...

Would be nice if you could order colored panels... :mrgreen:

Other than the product page and those NAMM videos, is there any other infos we can learn about it?

... 5 seconds later...

OK, i can't wait any longuer! Please dont keep us waiting too long guys!!! :)

red

Post by red » Tue May 06, 2014 11:30 am

I think this discussion is more or less useless...
We as the loyal Moog customers would be grateful to get the information direct from the company. It' not a shame to adjust the date of delivery - but it could be a shame not to inform at the right time!

Thank you!
::red

monsieurx

Post by monsieurx » Thu May 08, 2014 3:45 am

There's a big difference between a prototype and a finished product. Im sure Moog is working hard to make it Moog Class and that probably involves supplier problems, HW design or quality issues, software debugging, packaging, shipping, etc... At least we know it's coming "soon"...

jsumners

Post by jsumners » Thu May 08, 2014 9:57 am

I just got a call from Sweetwater. They said Moog is now estimating Sweetwater will get their first shipments in early July (I pre-ordered the day the synth was announced). I had been expecting the call based on this thread. My guess is the November estimate from B+H is due to the order in which Moog ships to dealers (i.e. B+H gets fulfilled after Sweetwater); but that's just a guess.

Personally, I'm fine with the delay. It's just a little more time for me to get my budget straightened out for this purchase. Also, I'd rather Moog take their time to build the quality synth I expect, than for them to rush it out the door to meet the demand.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sun May 11, 2014 5:48 am

jsumners wrote: Personally, I'm fine with the delay. It's just a little more time for me to get my budget straightened out for this purchase. Also, I'd rather Moog take their time to build the quality synth I expect, than for them to rush it out the door to meet the demand.
Indeed. The last thing we need is a synth that requires a software update right out of the box to fix a bug that renders it useless...Taurus 3, I'm looking at you...right across the room...
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Mon May 12, 2014 2:51 am

I can't wait to introduce my T3 to the S37 when it arrives.. I'm falling in love with it all over again right now.. still a little buggy, but for some reason I'm buzzed about the old beast right now.. Maybe it's Amos promising a new update in the near future..

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Mon May 12, 2014 3:02 am

psynthetic wrote:I can't wait to introduce my T3 to the S37 when it arrives.. I'm falling in love with it all over again right now.. still a little buggy, but for some reason I'm buzzed about the old beast right now.. Maybe it's Amos promising a new update in the near future..
I'll tell you what, it's not the most versatile synth, but it IS a very inspirational machine...when it works. Thankfully, I don't use MIDI with it, or the bugs would drive me nuts!
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.