1.10 vst editor don't work

Everything Phatty.
Tpulse

1.10 vst editor don't work

Post by Tpulse » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Vst editor doesn't work because of a missing msvd100 (something.)dll file ?

Control_Voltage

Re: 1.10 vst editor don't work

Post by Control_Voltage » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:15 am

Hi there,

Here are updated files that should correct this issue!

http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/su ... _0-WIN.zip

Thanks!

Andy Hughes
Service Department Manager
Moog Music Inc.

Tpulse

Post by Tpulse » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:52 am

Hi and thnx Andy. The 32bit still doesent load, the 64bit loads but the hardware is disconnected.
I'll try it in Reaper asap
/Pekka

Tpulse

Post by Tpulse » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:31 am

in Reaper it loads and sound is coming from SP (vsti instrument) as long you don't do some automation, then it crashes.
/Pekka

chrispana

Post by chrispana » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:04 pm

Hi guys,

I've been reading with interest and through it would be worthwhile sharing my experiences with the Phatty, it's definately been an interesting first synth experience....haha

I've managed to get the Sub Phatty to work and also automate all / most parameters so far through the use of the VST and configuring the Sub Phatty as an External Instrument in Live 9, previously this was challenging, leading to many Live crashes esp. when trying to automate parameters and / or configure VST plugin.

It's still somewhat 'buggy' however i've been creating some amazing patches and now in the process of beginning to arrange and automate, both of which have not been possible up until the last few weeks, managed to get access to the latest firmware and latest VST 1.10.

I've recently included my midi controller (Novation Impulse 49) by connecting the Sub Phatty into it through Midi in / Out (DIN) then using the USB from the Impulse into my PC to sync midi with my RME fireface and i'm able to trigger the Sub phatty successfully and also use the Arp and roll function with no problems. I've slowly begun mapping the knobs from the Sub phatty using the Midi map function to enable me to automate each knob / parameter, all is working ok for now :)

Hoep this helps, i'll provide a quick walkthrough of how to configure Live 9, Mac OSX 9.1.1 (64 bit) & Mavericks 10.9.2 (Macbook Pro Retina 15 Late 2013 model i7 16 GB, 512GB SSD, RME Fireface UC) to get your Phatty to work without too many hitches.

I'm assuming you know your way around both the phatty, midi, audio interface, your DAW etc. so i'm not going to go in great detail for config, it's very straightforward.

Make sure you have your DAW open, audio interface configured correctly and you have the latest firmware for the Sub Phatty, the latest VST, setup the unit as follows (my current workable configuration):

0.9) Either plug in using USB or you can use a midi controller and plug in through the midi DIN ins / outs respectively into phatty / midi controller;
1) Drop in an ' External Instrument' into one of you channels in Live;
2) Configure Midi To: to either an external controller you may have configured (if introducing a midi controller like I have above, if not, then select the Sub Phatty Keyboard)
3) Setup the 'audio from' to the channel you have plugged into your Audio Interface from the audio out from the Sub Phatty using a TS cable or similar;
4) Make sure you aren't monitoring the channel in step 3 (turn this down from the mixer of your audio interface), as you'll effectively be doubling the audio signal you're hearing which you don't want :)
5) Drop in the VST right beside the 'External Instrument' and then click on 'Prefs', at this point you should be able to open the 'Prefs' and it should display all configuration including midi and other specific settings to the Sub Phatty and connectivity...this was where I was previously having trouble, it would cause Live 9 to freeze almost a few seconds after clicking on prefs previously, appears to be much more stable now with the updates;
6) If you are going to record the audio from the Sub Phatty, you will need to setup an Audio channel right above or below the midi channel to capture the audio by sending the audio to this channel;
7) Have fun!

I've found that since introducing the Impulse into the mix and connecting between the Phatty and the impulse through standard midi Din, has proven to be more stable than direct connect using USB however this really should fixed permanently and it is a priority for Moog so keep feeding support requests and feedback through these forums / Moog support line. Amos has been very helpful by providing firmware / beta to some of us to test, so keep on logging incidents!!!!

Good luck.

CP

Denim

Post by Denim » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:36 am

EDIT: here is an audio example of what happens when I automate parameters on my sub phatty via DAW + VI editor v1.10:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ez1jgi6xb4yrl0/g3dzyYWrgq

- In the first 8 bars/loops: only the filter cutoff is automated. works fine.
- In the next 8 bars/loops: only the noise level is automated. work fine.
- Then, in the last 8 bars/loops: BOTH the filter cutoff and noise level are automated. Result = hardware synth can't keep up with software changes.

Depending on what parameter I automate and how many parameters at once, the result is different.
I also get same result if I program pitch bend changes (CC) together with changes from the VI. It can't handle more than one change at a time, it seems.

--------------------
ORIGINAL POST:

Hi.
Please help.

Finally I got the VI-instrument working, I thought, with this new update from Andy ^.

I was very excited to see that my sub phatty and the VSTi were communicating as expected,
no more "hardware disconnected" messages, and movements on my phatty were mirrored in the VSTi, and vice versa.

And my DAW plays back the notes, as expected, BUT:
If I automate something via DAW, let's say the filter cutoff, I experience a horrible lag.
As soon as the automation kicks in, the playback tempo from the phatty decreases drastically, it can't keep up with the changes going on.
And as soon as the automation-sequence is over, it kind of skips back into the regular playback tempo.

What can possibly be the reason for this?
I have never experienced anything like this with any other synth, plugin or whatever.

SYSTEM:
Sub Phatty Firmware 2.0.3
Editor/Librarian 1.1.0
Win7 64-bit running Renoise 64-bit
Solid USB connection & cable (have tested it)

PS! Only the 64-bit version of the VI works,
None of the 32-bit version will even load, but I don't mind that really.

Hope someone can help with this, I am sick and tired of trying to make this work,
I must have spent over a full week on testing and bugsearching this stuff, counting from when I bought the synth back in July 2013...
Last edited by Denim on Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tpulse

Post by Tpulse » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:13 am

The midi and automate via midi cc parameters works but the vst instrument & effect editor doesn't work as it should.. i own virus ti snow and everything works with it (there's some latency )
My setup
Win 7 64 bit
Flstudio
Reaper
Hw:mb gigabyte ud3r
Cpu i7 1360 socket
Etc..

Denim

Post by Denim » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:10 am

^ I updated my previous post (2 up) with an audio example and more info now.
Developers/Team/Amos... any thoughts on this?

Tpulse

Post by Tpulse » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:15 am

Have you tried to automate keyboard octave and see what happens?

Denim

Post by Denim » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:30 am

Tpulse wrote:Have you tried to automate keyboard octave and see what happens?
yes, tried it now. same thing happens, except the result is more random, the tempo is constantly changing according to the automation.
I have fiddled around with different settings, but I'm experiencing this problem either way.

Denim

Post by Denim » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:50 am

:?:

(bump)

Tpulse

Post by Tpulse » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:54 am

it seems that we get different issues, for me it crashes..the sound is constant and i have to reboot to get it to work again.

Denim

Post by Denim » Wed May 07, 2014 8:16 am

yup, different issues. I just wanted to bump this thing since it's been so quiet from Amos & the devs. I would really like to know if/when they will start looking into these issues with the editor,
for all I know they might be connected somehow :)

Control_Voltage

Post by Control_Voltage » Fri May 30, 2014 12:53 pm

Hi everyone,

I have made our programmer aware of these issues, and I am hoping to have more information and ideally a solution for this soon.

Thanks to all of you for your feedback and for your patience :)

Andy Hughes
Tech Support Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

Tpulse

Post by Tpulse » Fri May 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi Andy, great to hear. :)
It would be so nice to use the vst editor