Minitaur Editor - Hardware Disconnected

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
roott

Minitaur Editor - Hardware Disconnected

Post by roott » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:21 pm

Hi,
my minitaur editor doesnt let me to load presets (everything like tweaking other functions in Panel Tab etc works fine btw). In preset manager tab it says: hardware disconnected. I am connected via USB (setting: midi input: mood minitaur, midi output: mood minitaur).
please advise...
Thanks
T.

kla

Re: Minitaur Editor - Hardware Disconnected

Post by kla » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:30 am

try to run only the editor.
I have the same issue when running the editor and a virtual key or a midi/sysex manager

bt2513

Post by bt2513 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:11 pm

I am having a similar issue - I am sometimes able to get the software to connect but the communication is only 1-way (the knob settings on the minitaur are reflected on my screen but changes I make in the software do not translate back to the machine). Also, this is inconsistent at best and requires power cycling the unit. The status always shows as "hardware disconnected" in the editor.

mynameislinea

Post by mynameislinea » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:11 am

I'm also having this problem!

wubbub

Post by wubbub » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:50 pm

I'm having the same issue, always "Disconnected" or "Hardware Disconnected" in the firmware. I'm not even sure if my firmware update worked, as I can't tell. I hope this gets looked at.

roott

Post by roott » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:18 pm

Hey once again,

I contacted support - hopefully they will answer. I will let you know as soon as I know something more.

re:TLA - I don't really get it what you mean under "try to run only the editor". I am actually running only the editor (no DAW or so...).

best, T.

jkanizzle

Post by jkanizzle » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:13 pm

Having the exact same problem, and tried it on both mac osx 10.8.5 and pc windows 7 64bit. Seriously a major problem. Already returned one Minitaur thinking I had a defective unit, now seeing that it's a full on issue. This really makes it unusable....please fix!!!

Deeznut105

Post by Deeznut105 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:51 am

Hooked up my new minitaur last night and ran into this problem exactly. It's a no go in Logic & Standalone.
Appreciate a fix as well.

jkanizzle

Post by jkanizzle » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:09 am

A little birdie told me that there's a bug fix update to the new editor being released any day now.

Longarms

Post by Longarms » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:46 am

Same problem here.

I updated the firmware (I think so, anyway, the lights blinked as they were supposed to throughout the process)

Still same problem. Both in stand alone x64, and as a VST in Ableton Live 9 Standard.

Rolf

Post by Rolf » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:49 am

Same problem here! Thank god I found this thread as I was really struggling to get info on this online. Does anyone know if the update is ready yet? THANKS!

mschild

Post by mschild » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:47 am

I have the the problem here. Hello moog, any news about a bug fix?

Gramophonedzie

Post by Gramophonedzie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:42 pm

Same problem here :?

i almost went to return my minitaur... as I thought it was faulty

very annoying as I can't save my presets

mundakas

Post by mundakas » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:57 pm

same problem here, I already contacted support team and I am waiting for their response.

gmg16

Post by gmg16 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:52 am

I have just bought a new Minitaur and I am also having the "hardware disconnected" situation. I seem to have related issues - the firmware version in the editor's settings never gets out of the "discovery phase" and really the worst problem for me is that although the minitaur hardware has the Rev2 decay/release control working, there appears to be no presets whatsoever even after reinstalling the Rev2 firmware (multiple times!) Is this the same situation for everyone else here or do you have the factory presets installed but cannot do anything with them because of the preset section of the editor not connecting with hardware?

I would appreciate any information before I have to run the gauntlet of returning the minitaur. I have to say that I am bit disappointed that Moog would leave people hanging with this situation.