Will a stable Minitaur editor be released someday?

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
gab66

Will a stable Minitaur editor be released someday?

Post by gab66 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:48 am

I use the REV3 for Mac osX that has some issues too, impossible to save a patch or patch changing during the use... It's not usable in a professional environement.
What's wrong with these editors? Don't you have the knowledge for make it work? Or you just don't care because it's your cheaper synth?
I can't believe that i have to write this kind of things on the MOOG forum.
Minitaur is not what is annouced on your website, you would erase the editor from the settings, it's just a bad joke...

Briman

Re: Will a stable Minitaur editor be released someday?

Post by Briman » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:05 pm

gab66 wrote:I use the REV3 for Mac osX that has some issues too, impossible to save a patch or patch changing during the use... It's not usable in a professional environement.
What's wrong with these editors? Don't you have the knowledge for make it work? Or you just don't care because it's your cheaper synth?
I can't believe that i have to write this kind of things on the MOOG forum.
Minitaur is not what is annouced on your website, you would erase the editor from the settings, it's just a bad joke...
I hope you are not saying that the promised, upcoming Minitaur: "REV 3" Editor/Librarian
that we've all been waiting and waiting for over 1 YEAR Now... isn't any better than the Handicapped...
Hugely Unpopular: REV 2 Editor/Librarian???

I take it you have the "Beta" REV 3 Editor then... to be able to state that it's still not happening.

Meanwhile... my Minitaur Editor Presets are still all messed up!?
i.e.
- Preset 1 sounds in 1... but it's Name will only save to Preset 2, not to 1 ??
- Preset 2 sounds in 2... but it's Name will only save to Preset 3, not to 2 ??
- Preset 3 sounds in 3... but it's Name will only save to Preset 4, not to 3 ??
- etc, etc, etc!!

The present Minitaur Editor Preset concept... has been Impaired like this for about 18 Months now...
as is the Preset Save method also!

For $679 of our hard earned cash... it's All Not Very Pro... to say the least! :(

There's no present SysEx Command... or Front Panel Command to Reset this Naming Issue?!
Even the "_Minitaur_Factory_Restore_Cmd.syx" does not fix this???

This situation is Really Getting Old. Tired of waiting for 1.5 Years now... and still waiting and waiting!?
The Minitaur now appears to be a forgotten... unsupported Moog Synth!

Yes... Robert Moog would be disgusted... if he knew this was going on with his former Company...
to it's present day Customers! :(

Looks like it's time to move on... to an Actual PRO User Product.