Animoog for Ipad midi rx ch. & prog change

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
timkro

Animoog for Ipad midi rx ch. & prog change

Post by timkro » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:19 pm

I've scoured the internet and still can't determine whether the Animoog for Ipad's receiving midi channel can be set and whether it can respond to program change messages from an external midi controller via an ipad midi interface. Thanks for your help.

Stuka

Re: Animoog for Ipad midi rx ch. & prog change

Post by Stuka » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:19 am

timkro wrote:I've scoured the internet and still can't determine whether the Animoog for Ipad's receiving midi channel can be set and whether it can respond to program change messages from an external midi controller via an ipad midi interface. Thanks for your help.
"Yes" to both -

Check the manual starting on page 23:
http://www.moogmusic.com/products/apps/ ... nloads-tab
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

hmtx

Post by hmtx » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:21 pm

The question was "whether it can respond to program change messages from an external midi controller "
Stuka wrote: "Yes" to both -
I think the OP is specifically asking about MIDI Program Change messages such as might be used to switch presets in Animoog... If so, I would also like to know how to do this! It is not in the manual.

Yes, MIDI CC works great, but there is no option to assign MIDI CC to the preset up/down buttons.

If there is any solution, thanks in advance for answering. This has been a lingering question on my mind for a long time.

analogmoon

Post by analogmoon » Thu May 08, 2014 5:00 pm

In the PRESETS section of the SETUP screen I see "MIDI PROGRAM CHANGE" at the center top of the screen, but I've yet to be able to get it to respond to program change messages. I've been working on it for about a year. I think we'll probably have to pull the Animoog from our live rig until I figure it out or we get some info from Moog.
www.analogmoon.com | facebook.com/analogmoon | twitter.com/analogmoon | instagram.com/analogmoon
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••• Analog Moon's Custom Little Phatty Stage II ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Twoorless16

Post by Twoorless16 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:41 pm

I am bumping this thread.

I have my Moog Taurus III and Animoog tied together for some sweet polyphonic sounds. I play the Taurus which controls Animoog (I need my hands free to play bass guitar)

The current preset menu is fairly cumbersome to navigate between songs onstage during a performance and near impossible to change a preset on the fly mid tune.
Right now I am limited to one Animoog preset per song which means one Taurus preset per song.

It would be incredible to kick a preset switch on the Taurus and have the preset on Animoog change with it.
Synced preset changes would smooth out on stage performances, no more dead air while I select the Animoog preset between tunes.
Synced preset changes would also allow me to write multiple synth tones into a tune rather than being limited to one.

I think Analogmoon is on to something with the "MIDI PROGRAM CHANGE" title in Setup. It looks like something should be there because MIDI Program Change does not seem to relate to the other buttons in the PRESETS Tab. NEW PRESET, DELETE PRESET, RANDOM PRESET, IMPORT PRESET, & EXPORT PRESET don't have anything to do with MIDI as far as I can tell.