Ring Mod?

Welcome to the world of Minifooger Analog Effects
modoc_333

Ring Mod?

Post by modoc_333 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:48 am

Not much talk here about the Minifooger Ring Mod... have any of you played with one? I have one on the way and I am curious to hear your thoughts!
-Keith

Guitars at Bailey Brothers Music... Birmingham, AL

modoc_333

Re: Ring Mod?

Post by modoc_333 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:41 am

44 views and no answers... I guess I will have to do a review when I get mine in!
-Keith

bichuelo

Post by bichuelo » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:26 pm

A shame no one chimed in yet!

For me, ring modulation is the best type of effect ever, and the MF102 is the best piece of gear I have ever owned.

I use it with a microphone, an Etherwave plus and a minifooger drive. You can add a CP-251 too if you really want to go to another planet.
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

_DemonDan_

Post by _DemonDan_ » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:06 pm

modoc_333 wrote:Not much talk here about the Minifooger Ring Mod... have any of you played with one?
Hi modoc,

Although I don't own the minifooger version yet, I've spent time with one and, compared to my MF-102, I'd say that there are many similarities (between the features that they both have) but that the minifooger has the ability to be musically more "polite" for those who want to use it for more "normal" music. (I know, very subjective.)

In other words, it can do "weird" but it can also do lots of musical textures that don't sound like '50s Sci-Fi.

Hope this helps some.
_ :twisted: _DemonDan_ :twisted: _

modoc_333

Post by modoc_333 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:40 am

That's the sort of input i was looking for! :) I have played with the bigger unit, and I can't wait to compare. I will be using it for guitar and my Sub. excited to see how musical it really can be. and maybe a bit of weird. :twisted:
-Keith

El Toxyque

Post by El Toxyque » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:02 am

mine arrived 2 weeks ago,
it replaced the MF 102 (too big, altough great sounding, for my pedalboard).
It's a different beast , it's more "polite" but sounds good, for the price it's a great pedal!
I like the tone knob, helps you to shape the sound.
I use it with moog expression pedal and it works fine, the only strange thing is that the pedal doesn't coverv the whole range of the internal oscillator.