Weird LP behavior

Everything Phatty.
umami

Weird LP behavior

Post by umami » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:39 pm

I have a fairly new LP Solar CV edition, updated to the latest firmware.

Recently, two things have happened:

1) The synth powers on fine, sounds fine, then after a few min seems to stop making sound until I turn off and then back on. I discovered this while playing a show. Not ideal.

2) Occasionally, when I select a button to change a control parameter, say, octave down, it would appear that the filter cutoff drops to zero. This is alarming in that it immediately cuts the outgoing signal. Tapping the Preset button to return to preset mode restores the patches' original settings. Once the problem occurs, it will happen with any preset and any button until I power off and back on.

Anyone?

umami

Re: Weird LP behavior

Post by umami » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:34 pm

I should add that the behavior in 1) has only happened once. 2) is much more consistent.

IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:44 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't know what's going on with your LP.
Have you already tried Moog's support?? I'm sure they'll help you somehow. :D

Cheers!
Moog Minimoog Voyager Performer Edition and Little Phatty Stage II | Elektron Analog Four and Analog Rytm | Mutable Instruments Ambika | Korg Minilogue

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:43 pm

If you haven't done so already, try the following per the owners manual:

* Factory reset

* ALL the calibration routines, in the order listed in the manual.

Might make a difference...

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

Birkonium

Post by Birkonium » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:58 pm

I'm having a similar problem with my Slim Phatty. What happens is that after a while, the output seems to get muted and simply touching the output knob brings it back to life. Sometimes for a while, other times for just a few seconds. Very inconsistent but would be very bad during a gig.

Anyone else experience this or have any ideas?

This SP is second hand and I ran all the calibrations when I received it.

Birkonium

Post by Birkonium » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:34 am

Quick update - I'm thinking that this might be a MIDI volume issue perhaps or something like that - possibly internal or external.

I had this issue pop up last night during rehearsal and it got so bad that the SP would only sound while the volume knob was moving. I re-booted the SP twice and it didn't help. I then remembered about the MIDI Volume CC thing and re-booted my controller and voila, it was fixed.

The controller is an old Oberheim Matrix 6 and honestly I don't even know if it supports volume CC but, whatever the issue was, re-booting the controller seemed to fix it.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:20 am

Birkonium wrote:I'm having a similar problem with my Slim Phatty. What happens is that after a while, the output seems to get muted and simply touching the output knob brings it back to life. Sometimes for a while, other times for just a few seconds. Very inconsistent but would be very bad during a gig.

Anyone else experience this or have any ideas?

This SP is second hand and I ran all the calibrations when I received it.
I read once a similar problem and the solution was to disable the autotune function. Indeed, in order to stay in tune, the Little Phatty launches a routine when the instrument has not been played for a while -30 seconds is what I remember. Then it takes a iota to switch back into normal mode, which can lead to a weird attack on the first played note.

Not sure it's related, but it might be a clue.

Birkonium

Post by Birkonium » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:30 am

Yes, I've definitely heard the auto tune thing happen during rehearsal as well. If/when the issue pops up again I'll try disabling auto tune and see if it fixes it.

As it is now, I am strongly suspecting it has something to do with something or other it's receiving over MIDI.