Taurus III dust cover

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
misterpete

Re: Taurus III dust cover

Post by misterpete » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:34 am

Sorry I have been travelling and offline EM. I have one - it's great! Has The Moog Store sold out?
It's fitted and yes almost exactly like the Voyager covers but in the T3 colour scheme.
Given how much you love your Taurus I would phone them at the store even though they are sold out online because they may well know which retailer will be able to get you one. They have been really helpful to me in the past hunting down product.
EMwhite wrote:Anybody got one? Anybody know where I can get one?

Is it made by the same US based outfit that makes the Voyager cover (I hope so); Considering the somewhat limited edition that the Taurus III was, I'm having a hard time finding the dust cover. Any leads (Europe / UK fine also).

Thank you.
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:47 am

Good ideal, thanks Pete. You are the FIRST person to 'admit' to having one : ) I was beginning to think that it was a conspiracy and that they never had them made possibly due to demand or lack of pre-orders from retailers :roll:

But seriously, I'll ring them tomorrow. Otherwise, I've reached out to the Slip cover joint on the West coast, thank you very much Mr. A.

Funny, after reading Studio Slips bio, I see how small this country/world is and it's ironic that Mr. A had to point me to them because fact is, 2 years ago I visited the Petaluma factor of Mesa Engineering and and a plant walk through (they make two of the Bass amps I play through) come to just read that the lead engineer is married to the owner of the Studio Slips company AND one of my amps came with a very very nice slipcover which I have yet to use but very much admired the construction. They made it!
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:54 am

EMwhite wrote:Funny, after reading Studio Slips bio, I see how small this country/world is and it's ironic that Mr. A had to point me to them because fact is, 2 years ago I visited the Petaluma factor of Mesa Engineering and and a plant walk through (they make two of the Bass amps I play through) come to just read that the lead engineer is married to the owner of the Studio Slips company AND one of my amps came with a very very nice slipcover which I have yet to use but very much admired the construction. They made it!
Indeed. Further to that I was put onto them by a guy from Australia who recommended them in a thread a while back:

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11859

http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.ph ... 9&start=15 (this has some more pictures)
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

kcole4001

Post by kcole4001 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:19 pm

Mr Arkadin wrote:
kcole4001 wrote:That sounds pretty interesting.
Any pics?
Your wish is my command (click for bigger pics):

Very nice!
Pretty much the idea I had, except I want to be able to completely remove the top portion for stage use, then zip it back on when it's time to load out.
I really appreciate the pics, it makes it much easier to explain what I mean to the people who may well be doing the sewing if I take on this project as a DIY.

Another question if I may, did you get the extra padding option, or just standard, and how do you feel the protection is?

I plan on only using the gig bag to load into my car trunk and to the practice space or local bar, otherwise it will be stored inside a much larger road case, and I dwon't be stacking heavy gear on or near the unit, the cost is high enough to warrant special handling, but it still has to be practical.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:59 am

I have double padding. It is about equivalent to say a guitar gig bag. So I've had light objects (and liquid) drop on it fine, but you probably don't want to drop anything heavy (like a guitar) as it would still make a dent - especially if it hit the knob or screen area.

If you doing custom then you could have the two layers as a sandwich with whatever firm cardboard/softboard material they seem to use in semi-hard cases is as the filling.
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

kcole4001

Post by kcole4001 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:24 pm

I was thinking something along the lines of 1/4" hardboard (like smooth faced masonite), but I'm still not 100% decided.
I'm waiting to hear back from them on Monday and wil decide then.

I may just go with the standard clamshell with a pocket.

I'll be the one packing it away in the car each time, so it won't have any danger of anything heavy striking it or being loaded on top of it (physically impossible due to the trunk dimensions).

factorplayer

Post by factorplayer » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:12 am

I have both the Dust Cover and Studio Slips bag.

Having used the Studio Slips case to shlep my pedals to several gigs and countless practices over the last few years I can say they really hold up. I had leather strips sewn in as well which I think really contributed to the durability. Can't recommend enough honestly.

The dust cover pretty much collects dust, which I suppose it is supposed to do!

wavydave

Post by wavydave » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:04 am

Here is the unboxing video I made a while ago: http://youtu.be/6sypUjEokxQ. FYI - I used Amos' music for the background for this and another video (thanks!).

I got it from Sweetwater Sound in 2012 but it doesn't appear to be on the website anymore.

My Taurus III mostly resides in the ATA flight case when not in use, and the dust cover fits inside just fine folded. Here is the ATA flight case unboxing: http://youtu.be/r7QXU1E9P9s

My cats think that the Taurus III cover is comfy to lounge on so it gets a thumbs up.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
Moog LPTE (x2), Voyager Whitewash Jade, Taurus III, Big Briar Etherwave, Realistic MG-1 (x2), Oberheim OB-Xa, Arp Odyssey 2810, DSI Prophet 08 Rack PE, Keyboard PE & Mopho, Sequential Circuits Six-Trak, Korg Monotron, Roland CR-78, Roland CR-8000.

kcole4001

Post by kcole4001 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:26 pm

Nice looking case!
I'll post a pic of mine when it's finished.

I just placed the order for Studio Slips' clamshell bag, mine will include the top pocket and they will sew in a zippered pocket in the bottom to place a hard panel in, which of course will be removable for washing.
Susan was very helpful, I'm happy to support such nice folks!

Pics will be forthcoming when the bag arrives.