Anyone know anything recent about Mike Bucki?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

Re: Anyone know anything recent about Mike Bucki?

Post by EricK » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:48 pm

The bank officer didn't tell me that it was product liability.

It's best to let an attorney navigate the murky waters of legal definitions. I pulled that out because I thought it might have been relevant.

Here's an interesting link:
http://www.herrick.com/sitefiles/public ... d8cd94.pdf

In any of those threads, does it look like there remains anyone who falls within the six year window and if so, are they even willing to sue?
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:38 pm

My opinion is that Mike has suffered some sort of emotional or situational issue(s), but is inherently a good guy.
He may feel embarrassed or ganged up on now and doesn't have the resources or ability to rectify things or defend his point of view by himself.
Not everyone is a good communicator, despite huge talents they may have in other ways.

So I don't think he set out to rip any one off, but with people's minds running wild with speculations, he's truly scared now to show his face.
These negative speculations place him in a position of defending himself, something he may simply not be good at doing having no experience in bad dealings before.
Few people write about good dealings, but they sure do for negative ones.
For example, you can inform a person they have great hair, beautiful eyes, are charming and all that, but mention one little zit on their forehead and *that's* what they will obsess over.

So again, I have sympathy for Mike.
I do not believe for a second he set out to rip anyone off.
Receiving criticism may be something he's just never had to deal with before.
If given a chance to correct his problems, I believe he would.
I think he needs help and support, not criticisms.
Some understanding, some forgiveness and some pragmatic methods to cure things.
An intervention, a diplomatic middle-man or other method(s) to re-open communications would go a long way to both ease his and past client's emotions.

As to a solution, I believe he or someone else needs to open a dialog explaining what has happened.
We need his side of the story.
Yes, it might be embarrassing for him, but it could also show that he has good character and wants to fix things for people he's caused distress for.
He just might not know how.

Remember, few people choose to become alcoholics, drug addicts, homeless or whatever.
But give them a chance again and they may not only meet, but exceed their previous capabilities.

Consider actor Robert Downey, Jr.
It's very easy to say he was a crack-smoking degenerate, but someone gave him another chance and he not only worked again, he excelled past his previous accomplishments.

I'm an atheist, but I believe in forgiveness.
A little can go a long way.
Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime. - R. Pupkin

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:11 pm

Yes. The damage has been done. That's in the past.

Now, looking forward, how could the people, that fell victim of his misfortune too, help him if nobody can reach him ?
I'm not a religious person either, but there's a saying that goes something like: "Help yourself and others will surely help you."
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:33 pm

Mike might be helping himself the best he can.
Survival is sometimes a full time job when things are bad.

But I agree with you: how to help someone if you don't know where they are?

The last phone numbers I've had are:
716-622-5093
716-438-0756
716-668-6600

Also have a po box somewhere, but might be defunct now too.
Anyway, I couldn't locate it quickly.

Doc Tonewheel

Post by Doc Tonewheel » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:17 pm

EricK wrote:I have dealt with Tim Warneck at Retrolinear and he is fantastic. He did a great job on my Rhodes preamp. He does analog synths also and has a degree in engineering and a love for the synths so you might try him.
I second that!!!! Tim is great! Has done fantastic work for me on my Hammond and Moog. Highly recommended!!!!
Gear: Moog Minimoog Model D, Moog MF-102, Hammond A105 + Leslie 122RV, Yamaha CP4, Hohner D6 Clavinet, Wurlitzer 200A, Yamaha MOXF8, SK1-73, Access Virus KC, Nord Wave, Korg MS-04, Dave Smith Mopho Kbd

Kevin Lightner

Post by Kevin Lightner » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:05 pm

Apparently Moog removed the thread regarding Analog US.
Not even a PM from Moog beforehand discussing or attempting compromise.

However Moog has still retained at least one thread (if not more) regarding Mike Bucki.
Threads that even call Mike a douchebag.
To me, that's hypocritical to retain other such threads and to offer no communications beforehand.
With that said, I no longer feel like participating in a forum that selectively censors.

Thank you all for your support and I hope l've helped others along the way.
Several people here have been more than competent in answering tech questions anyway.

Out of disappointment in Moog's selective choice of actions and lack of any diplomacy, I'm leaving immediately.

Kevin

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:33 pm

Kevin Lightner wrote:Apparently Moog removed the thread regarding Analog US.

However Moog has still retained at least one thread (if not more) regarding Mike Bucki.
To me, that's hypocritical to retain other such threads and to offer no communications beforehand.
With that said, I no longer feel like participating in a forum that selectively censors.

Several people here have been more than competent in answering tech questions anyway.

Out of disappointment in Moog's selective choice of actions and lack of any diplomacy, I'm leaving immediately.

Kevin
Is it possible that Analog US contacted Moog regarding that thread and threatened legal action if it was not removed? I, for one, would be interested in the whole story.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:41 pm

Kevin Lightner wrote:Apparently Moog removed the thread regarding Analog US.

Kevin
Hey Kevin, don't feel bad about moderators deleting entire threads without any warning or explanation, or even a private message. I'm a member of other forums where the moderation is much, much worst than here. I've had more than my share of deleted posts, and threads without any explanation.
But here, I've always found that the moderators were rather discreet and unobtrusive, even tolerating, compared to elsewhere.

Maybe the rather (too?) personal nature of that thread was considered outside the scope of a forum like this ? It's possible. But, as I've learned to do elsewhere, don't take it personally and don't leave simply because of this, please. Your invaluable contributions to the exchange of ideas, techniques, tips and tricks of the trade, over the years here, far outweigh any very occasional censorship by the moderators here.
And, after all, wasn't the purpose of that thread fulfilled by the fact that the offender finally paid you ?

Just forget it, and stay with us. I'm sure that despite your vast knowledge and experience, you still might learn a thing or two, and we would surely continue to truly and thoroughly appreciate all of your posts.
And to hell with the moderators and censorship.

Hoping you'll reconsider, after the initial frustration wears off (I completely understand you, I've often felt the same way about being censored. It's no fun. But it's part of life on a forum sometimes, deserved or not).

Alain.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

Electrong

Post by Electrong » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:56 pm

This is a forum run by Moog, so whatever the mods decide to do in terms of removing posts is fine with me. Overall I really dig this forum. It would be sad for Kevin to discontinue his (often useful and at time insightful) posts here, but I respect his actions for whatever reasons he has, and wish him and his close ones all the best in the future.
Minimoog Model D, Roland SH-1, Simmons SDS-8, Rhodes 73 suitcase, Ludwig/Gretsch Drums, Zildjian/Paiste/UFIP cymbals, Various acoustic percussive effects

Croyote

Post by Croyote » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:09 am

I've been reading these threads with a sort of distant interest like listening to the John Teiter story on Coast to Coast . . . wouldn't it be ironic if this dude has gone back to working for Moog all along and they are protecting him.

BrianK

Post by BrianK » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Yes, Kevin is always a positive and constructive input here. I look forward to seeing him back asap!

Mitchell Chastain

Post by Mitchell Chastain » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:49 am

Every now and then I wonder whatever became of my Taurus...
If anyone has any new contacts please let us know. I know this is a long shot at this point.

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:12 am

I don't want to sound like a pessimist, but since this guy has disappeared into thin air without a trace long ago, presumably because of personal problems, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he has sold all of the gear he doesn't even own on eBay to help pay for his personal problems too...
I sincerely hope not, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up too much, sadly... :(
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:06 pm

The Emerson Modular is essentially what MB has done with his company in the past.....authentic NOS Moog modulars. I have had a lingering suspicion that he may have liquidated his inventory to Moog, but no evidence to support it.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:13 pm

Depending on how many modulars are built, I have to agree. I know Mike wasn't the only source of parts, if he was a source of parts, but if more than three of these things are ever built, I will say, yeah, Mike probably was a source of parts.
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.