Sub 37 Feature Request....

Everything Sub.
EricK

Sub 37 Feature Request....

Post by EricK » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:36 pm

How about an Osc out for the second voice? This, when coupled with what hopefully is a CV Gate out will allow for external filtering, envgen, VCA action to make it a proper two voice.

At the very least, please make it a factory modification option.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

Bryan B

Re: Sub 37 Feature Request....

Post by Bryan B » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:53 pm

I wish they would have put a clock input for the Arpeggiator or step sequencer. Midi clock is a disaster from a DAW (when you run as much gear as I do) so it is great to trigger it with a simple clock input.

I am sure you could do the same thing with a Midi cc with good results, but I don't want to sync to midi at all unless I am running all outboard gear (live or just for fun).

The second set of CV and gate suggestion would be great too. Maybe that could be built in to the midi input function? You could have the Oscillators on separate channels maybe. I bet the Paraphonic thing would use only one gate signal. What if the second envelope could be used for the second gate? Just brainstorming, sorry.
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

Bryan B

Post by Bryan B » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:00 pm

I also just want to say that this new synth is amazing and a great evolution of the synthesizer! My requests are in no way meant as a complaint, just suggestions to make it a more perfect synth.
MemoryMoog Plus (with Kenton Midi Upgrade Kit) MF-101 Lowpass Filter, MF-102 Ring Mod, MF-103 Stage Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF-105M MIDI MuRF, MF-107 Freq Box, MF-108M ClusterFlux and CP-251 Control Processor.

EMwhite

Post by EMwhite » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:27 pm

I think that's what the non-Trib (Stage or whatever they will call it) product is all about.

Make and sell a few thousands of these and garner feedback which pertains, not specifically to software features, but rather to hardware changes which might support new capabilities.

Clock in, something else out, they've got a bright future with the product.

Early adopters kicking selves? Maybe, or maybe not. To be first kid on the block with a Sub 37 and getting in a good year with it before the next one comes along is going to make it worth it.
'76 Minimoog, Taurus 3, Oberheim FVS + Son of 2-voice; Sequential ProOne; Juno 106; Moog Model 15; Kurzweil 250; Hammond M3; and a handful of Fender Basses Flickr!

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:00 pm

I have the simplest one: just like on the Little Phatty, a tap tempo would be great...

cambodia risen

Post by cambodia risen » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:55 am

A fold-down panel for the controls would be far more preferable.
Please.
The difference this makes when touring is huge - the roadcase is half the size. This is a big deterrent for taking it to shows and on tour.

I like the wood panelling, and the black background. Black works better, especially under lighting.

modoc_333

Post by modoc_333 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:17 am

half size maybe..... but not really that much smaller. and if a band is going on tour, then the extra size of this unit is nothing. it's still probably the smallest road case in the trailer.
-Keith

Guitars at Bailey Brothers Music... Birmingham, AL

///OSS

Post by ///OSS » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:43 am

MOOG PLEASE ADD MY Ultimate Wants!

1: swing parameter in a sub menu
2: arp/step to pitch/filter/vca/mod destinations in a submenu
3: mod 1 and 2 keyboard tracking amount in a sub menu
4: env attack slope for F or A selectable in a sub menu. (example: lin, exp etc.)
5: Aftertouch assignable mod bus in sub menu (example: MOD1 or 2 amount, filter cutoff, etc.)

THANKS!
Little Phatty Stage #0042 - OS2.0 | CP-251 | MF-107 FreqBox | MF-102 Ring | MF-105B Bass MuRF

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:25 am

Dear Moog, please listen to ///OSS, he's on it, that's all gold.

Also, if it's not too much to ask an "Off-beat" mode for the arp would be awesome, and if you could add that and the swing to the arp on the Taurus 3 also, that'd be just lovely.

Thanks! :D

- EDIT: Also, a tap tempo function, thanks Stiiiiiive :)

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:33 am

i am hoping that Moog fix the "mistake" they made with the Sub Phatty headphone volume, where the output master knob turns down the headphone volume as well. Please make these independant! this way when on stage i can hear my fiddlings in the headphones and then turn up the output master when i am ready to shine with my synth solo.

its beyond me why the Sub Phatty was wired wrongly with its output and the headphone knob being linked. I think the reviewer from Sound on Sound had a similar remark to make about this problem.

breun

Post by breun » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:12 am

Blackout wrote:its beyond me why the Sub Phatty was wired wrongly with its output and the headphone knob being linked.
It wasn't a mistake, I think I saw Amos write it was a consciously made cost-saving decision.

Blackout

Post by Blackout » Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:31 am

breun wrote:
Blackout wrote:its beyond me why the Sub Phatty was wired wrongly with its output and the headphone knob being linked.
It wasn't a mistake, I think I saw Amos write it was a consciously made cost-saving decision.
ok then breun...then let me request that this is not "cost cut" hehe.

synthesis4all

Post by synthesis4all » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:51 pm

I like these.. fold-down panel, tap tempo or tempo input with subdivision, clock input for the Arpeggiator or step sequencer, 44 keys.

breun

Post by breun » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:57 am

I'm pretty sure the 37 in the Sub 37 name refers to the number of keys, so I wouldn't hold my breath for 44 keys. You might wanna wait for the Sub 44 to be announced. :)

And judging from the prototype demo there won't be a fold-down panel, but a (Little/Sub) Phatty-style panel. But who knows?

DanesGer

Post by DanesGer » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:18 pm

Hello everyone,

I wonder if it will be possible to somehow change the pulse width of the lfo waveform with the sub 37, perhaps it will be able to achieve the same effect through the envelopes??

Thanks a lot.