T3 MIDI Issue(resolution?)

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
psynthetic

T3 MIDI Issue(resolution?)

Post by psynthetic » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:14 am

Hi Guys.

I've been experimenting for the last few days on and off trying to get my T3 to respond to MIDI from Ableton Live 9.
I've tried sending MIDI via DIN from my Liquid 56 Saffire Interface, i've tried sending MIDI over USB straight from my computer, double checked 14 bit, tried relative, absolute and pickup modes.. tried sending MSB and LSB and both at the same time mapped to a macro knob…

I'm really worn out from trying and failing and searching and trying to understand where I'm going wrong and I'm just not getting anywhere..

In a nutshell, as a working example, I send MIDI CC to a value such as filter cutoff it'll go right down to 0, when the MIDI is a 0, but 127 only takes me up to 1016 on the T3's cut-off.. it's driving me nuts..

Thanks in advance for any insight.

psynthetic

Re: T3 MIDI Issue(resolution?)

Post by psynthetic » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:55 am

So i think my T3 is just flat out not responding to 14 Bit/LSB MIDI, and MSB isn't taking values through their full range either. I'm gonna get a detailed letter happening for Tech support I suppose but in the meantime if anyone wants to post any useful MIDI calibration procedures or something I can do that'd be a real help.

I've gotten hands on a BCR2000 which I setup today and spent a few hours tweaking in standalone mode with the T3 via DIN to take any computer variables out of the equation and I'm still having the same problems..

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:11 pm

What OS is your T3?
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:24 pm

2.0.3 ..i'm thinking about maybe trying to reinstall it or roll back to 2.0.25 as that is the latest on the Moog website.. maybe the 2.0.3 is Beta? I'm not sure..

Thanks for getting back to me.

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:27 am

Guys, i've been talking to Moog technical support via email but i really don't feel like i'm getting the help i need… or at least I don't feel like we're getting anywhere fast...

I've been trying for weeks to get my T3 to respond to MIDI cc for things like filter cutoff and oscillator mix and it just isn't happening for me….

Is there anyone out there with either Ableton Live 9 or a Behringer BCR2000 who can tell me for sure that they can, for instance, using MIDI CC make their T3 (or even any other Moog synth) sweep its filter value from min (0) to max (4095) because I just cannot make it happen…. nothing I do will get the value to go past 1023…. it's infuriating and I don't know if it's user error or my synth or my equipment because I haven't had to do this before and the T3 has had it's share of FW issues in the past… there's just so many variables…

…Help? …Anyone? :(

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:47 pm

Yes, I have successfully moved through the entire filter range of a Phatty stage 1 using 14 bit midi from a BCF2000. It was several OS ago for the Phatty. I don't remember if it was before the 3.x jump.

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:14 pm

Excellent! So happy to hear that it's at least possible… I was starting to have my doubts if i just wasn't equipped to get the results I need… good argument for CV i guess…

Could you tell me, using 14 bit MIDI on the BCR2000, (i think they call it a "Dual Byte" message when you have to send LSB and MSB together?) did you have both of the CC values assigned to one rotary encoder on the BCR? If so how? I haven't had it very long and because I haven't successfully achieved what I'm trying to do I'm kinda fumbling in the dark here.. and the impression I have is that the MSB and LSB values need to change together, i think 128 steps of LSB for every one step of MSB or something like that…

Any help or links or anything you could provide would be very much appreciated.

Thankyou :D

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:44 am

You are correct in the the LSB cycles 0 to 128 for every 1 tick of the MSB. I use Mountain Utilities BC manager. It makes programming it a bit easier.
http://mountainutilities.eu/bcmanager

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:37 pm

Thanks mate, i've downloaded it and the manual and I'm having a read through it now.. fingers crossed ay?

Moog tech support has referred my case to the man himself (Amos) so hopefully between all of us we'll figure out where I'm going wrong. :)

psynthetic

Post by psynthetic » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Damn… that BC Manager is Windows only… I guessI need to find a Mac version from a similar group… :(