What's in your Voyager's effects loop?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
misterpete

Re: What's in your Voyager's effects loop?

Post by misterpete » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:36 pm

that's what I have done... but I'd prefer no adapters if I could find a cable like that
actually the dedicated Loop In and Out on the MF-104z makes it cleaner & preferable to the new 104M and clusterflux for that reason, but you can't really bypass it on the Voyagers... :D
Vsyevolod wrote:Just throw some 1/8" to 1/4" adapters on the ends of a regular insert cable.

Stephen

Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D

midilifestyle

Post by midilifestyle » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:25 pm

I've been getting a lot of juice out of the Ekdahl Moisturizer and the Infanem second voice both in the loop. They both have extensive CV inputs, so I send them stuff with the cp-251 and (coming soon!) the vx-351. The Ekdahl is billed as a spring reverb which it excels at. But in the loop, I get the most use out of its multimode filter. It really screams if you overdrive the input. As for the Second Voice, it's more subtle, and definitely a bit more muddy,as it's intended for guitar. Plus the filters on it don't resonate loudly at all. But it gives you two more oscillators that track the pitch in real time (analog), and those are inherently kinda dodgy. So they glitch in really interesting--and warm--ways.

Animoog in the external in, triggered by the Voyager's midi, is a very wonderful addition to all of this.

Some day I'll get an mf104 to send the master outputs to, but for now this ipad app called AUFX:dub makes for an epic, hands-on, very high quality delay that adds optional simulated tape warble and tape hiss and stuff. It's digital, but digital can be good, too. Plus it's $3. As opposed to like, $600. Haha. I tried to use the Filtatron just to keep the whole Moog party going, but I'd rather have a full-featured digi delay than a digital copy of an analog pedal.

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:48 pm

I use the Moogerfooger Freqbox in the effects loop of my Voyager. The Freqbox becomes very usable for me hooked up this way, kind of like a distortion unit.

I also have the OSC out of the Freqbox running into the external Input of the Voyager. When I want, I can turn up the external input in the Voyager's mixer section and improvise around the fixed pitch of the Freqbox OSC.