Sub Phatty or Minitaur & SP

Everything Sub.
whiterabbit

Sub Phatty or Minitaur & SP

Post by whiterabbit » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:50 am

Hi,

I own a Slim Phatty at the moment which I like but am after something to create more deeper bass sounds.

I used to own a Minitaur but sold to get the Slim Phatty before the Rev 2 came out.

I dont know if I should re-buy the minitaur and keep the slim phatty or buy the Sub Phatty.

Can someone tell me if the Sub Phatty could reproduce most of the sounds that both the Slim Phatty & Minitaur could produce? or am I best going for the two devices rather than the Sub Phatty.

Any advice or help would be appreciated

Thanks

stiiiiiiive

Re: Sub Phatty or Minitaur & SP

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:20 am

Hey.

I think the SubPhatty is closer to the Minitaur than the Slim/Little Phatty is in terms of bass potential.

I would take the opportunity to get a used SubPhatty. This would allow you to:
- try another Moog
- hear the bass by yourself
- sell it to get a Minitaur without loosing much if it's not your cup of bass.

Thinking out loud here :)

whiterabbit

Post by whiterabbit » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:12 am

cant afford to get the Sub Phatty and also keep the Slim Phatty.

dont think I would need to anyway as the Sub could reproduce most sounds the SLim Phatty can do (Cant it?)

I know the SP has 99 presets but the Sub Phatty could achieve these sounds and more - I believe

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:44 am

Sorry I was unclear: I would take the opportunity to replace my SlimPhatty by a SubPhatty.

misterpete

Post by misterpete » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:47 pm

The Minitaur REV 2 is mostly about the free ED/LIBRARIAN software and allowing you to save more presets in the hardware~ so doesn't really make the Minitaur _sound_ different then when you already had it ~ other than opening up more options in CV mapping. Ideally you could find a place to play both side by side so you could compare it with a SubPhatty. I have all of them myself and would not want to have to make a choice but other than bringing one home with you that's about the only way you can really decide
whiterabbit wrote:Hi,

I own a Slim Phatty at the moment which I like but am after something to create more deeper bass sounds.

I used to own a Minitaur but sold to get the Slim Phatty before the Rev 2 came out.

I dont know if I should re-buy the minitaur and keep the slim phatty or buy the Sub Phatty.

Can someone tell me if the Sub Phatty could reproduce most of the sounds that both the Slim Phatty & Minitaur could produce? or am I best going for the two devices rather than the Sub Phatty.

Any advice or help would be appreciated

Thanks
Please Call Me, PETE
https://petedako.bandcamp.com/music
"Mr. Pete" at ModWiggler @petedako on Twitter,
Bandcamp & all the other platforms :D