Calibrating Minitaur with Silent Way

Welcome to the Taurus, Minitaur and Sirin Forum
kenric

Calibrating Minitaur with Silent Way

Post by kenric » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:00 pm

Hi,
I am using Expert Sleepers Silent Way as a plugin in Numerology. It works fine with my Slim Phattys but I can't seem to calibrate with the Minitaur. I get a single pitch that ends quickly and it seems that Silent Way can't continue calibrating any other octaves. Is this a known issue? I need to use CV because I use custom tuning tables in Silent Way. How can I get this guy calibrated?

Thanks!

Kenric

secmast

Re: Calibrating Minitaur with Silent Way

Post by secmast » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:55 am

In which note silent way start the calibration process.
I don't use silent way as I use the Analog four to CV control my minitaur and despite the fact it is difficult to get it on the right note as soon as I get it, everything's fine until the next MT upgrade.

rajcoont

Post by rajcoont » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:37 pm

I haven't been able to get silent way to calibrate the miniature either so i can't help you out but wanted to say you are not alone, lfos seem to work fine though

kenric

Post by kenric » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:29 pm

I'm not sure which not Silent Way starts with. I believe it's just asking for the full range of pitches.
I've done sysex resets that Moog sent and still no luck.
This is a huge disappointment. I love this synth but I can't use it with the same tunings as my others so it's looking pretty useless.

kenric

Post by kenric » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:27 pm

Hey just wanted to let people know... it finally worked for me. I'd attempted to calibrate probably twenty times and I'm not sure what was different the last time but it worked. FWIW I've been using the Minitaur Factory Restore sysex and had the pitch output scaled to 0.5 in Silent Way. Very baffling but I'm glad it's working!