My Voyager has no problem.

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Just Me

Re: My Voyager has no problem.

Post by Just Me » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:22 pm

Mine is a very early one. It has been home twice for upgrades over the years ( before it was mine ) the next upgrade is capable of field fitment and I will probably do it at some time. Everything has worked as expected everytime I have used it with the exception of the foolishness of the scaling out of the VX NOT being 1V/Oct and each volt being an odd offset from my other CV machines requiring the use of a signal processor to set span and offset when driving other synths.
"Music expresses that which can not be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:34 pm

WOW ! Two Moog Music posts in one day ! :shock:

THANKS! :D

All that is missing, and seems to be some kind of closely guarded secret (although I don't see why?), is the number of Voyagers produced so far... Other companies don't hesitate to publish such numbers usually ? Especially when the Voyager must be successful since it's been produced for over a decade now ! :D

Sure, it might not match numbers of huge corporations with huge budgets and resources since it's a small dedicated company crafting each one by hand, and it might not yet match the numbers of original Minimoogs D produced over 10 years yet (I don't know), but give us a ball park figure maybe ?

EDIT: Thanks for the invitation to visit. I would go in a heartbeat if I didn't live a thousand miles away, in another country and don't even have a passport... :(
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:53 pm

i remain confident that moog makes quality products made in the USA. i have an issue with an oscillator and they are going to fix it for me, thats all i ask. they have been more than helpful ever since i have contacted them.

regarding the number of voyagers sold, i think its a bit more than we think. just about every performance i see on tv, whether its hip hop, pop, electronic, rock, has a voyager on stage. look through pictures of recording studios, theres usually at least one. (how many does deadmau5 own now?) not to mention all the lucky hobbyists, like myself, that have one at home. i thinks its pretty incredible that a company this small can produce not only the number of voyagers, but the number of all its product that it does
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

Sweep

Post by Sweep » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:25 pm

Thanks to Moog for answering some of the questions many of us have had for a long time.

It's good to have it confirmed that you've now returned to using Fatar keyboards. Also that the boards are made in Asheville and you still do the checks and 24-hour burn-in. We now know how to identify the non-Fatar Chinese keyboards on some of the older Voyagers, and it's good to know new instruments again have the Fatar ones.

As I recall, Moog authorised a company to do repairs in Britain a couple of years ago. That was too late for people like my friend with his defective Voyager, but the fact that there's now someone to go to in this country is a relief for people like me. I'm inclined to contact Moog at Asheville in the first instance if I have problems, though. Would that be the best way to go?
Websites: http://musicbysweep.com and http://theSynthiMusicSite.infinite9ths.com

modoc_333

Post by modoc_333 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:18 am

thealien666 wrote: All that is missing, and seems to be some kind of closely guarded secret (although I don't see why?), is the number of Voyagers produced so far... Other companies don't hesitate to publish such numbers usually ? Especially when the Voyager must be successful since it's been produced for over a decade now ! :D

actually, it's pretty common practice for privately held companies to not release production numbers.
-Keith

Guitars at Bailey Brothers Music... Birmingham, AL

Fooger_;-)

Post by Fooger_;-) » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:52 am

Moog Music wrote:If you ever have a problem or concern with any Moog product, we have a fantastic tech department that is here to help you and will always do everything we can to make sure your product is performing properly.

To be clear:
• We use a Fatar keybed in the Minimoog Voyager
• The circuit boards are made here in Asheville
• The wood comes from just over the mountain in TN.
• Before we ship a synthesizer we calibrate, test, and burn it in for 24 hours.
• Real people make our products
http://www.moogmusic.com/content/hands-moog

You are all always welcome to come and tour the factory and see for yourselves.

-Your friends at Moog
Thank you Moog! I'm very happy to read that my Voyager comes from Asheville :D 8) :wink:
That's what I'v expected. I don't like all these Chinese crap.
kind regards
Fooger ;o)

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:54 am

Moog Music wrote:If you ever have a problem or concern with any Moog product, we have a fantastic tech department that is here to help you and will always do everything we can to make sure your product is performing properly.

To be clear:
• We use a Fatar keybed in the Minimoog Voyager
• The circuit boards are made here in Asheville
• The wood comes from just over the mountain in TN.
• Before we ship a synthesizer we calibrate, test, and burn it in for 24 hours.
• Real people make our products
http://www.moogmusic.com/content/hands-moog

You are all always welcome to come and tour the factory and see for yourselves.

-Your friends at Moog
Thanks guys, apreciated indeed :)

MBlom

Post by MBlom » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:05 pm

My Voyager Electric Blue is more than ok. It's f#€£ing AWESOME!!!!
Latest gigs
https://youtu.be/Fpvi7Jrq8DQ
http://youtu.be/owdKlBrUUKY

Minimoog Voyager EB & Minitaur + MF-101 + MF-103 + MF-104M + MF-107 + CP-251 + Minifooger Drive. MachineDrum UW + MonoMachine + Rickenbackerbass (-75) + Hagströmguitar (-75).

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:32 pm

MBlom wrote:It's f#€£ing AWESOME!!!!
Looks like "feeling AWESOME" :D

MBlom

Post by MBlom » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:54 pm

stiiiiiiive wrote:
MBlom wrote:It's f#€£ing AWESOME!!!!
Looks like "feeling AWESOME" :D
When I put my sweet fingers on it, I bet it does!
Latest gigs
https://youtu.be/Fpvi7Jrq8DQ
http://youtu.be/owdKlBrUUKY

Minimoog Voyager EB & Minitaur + MF-101 + MF-103 + MF-104M + MF-107 + CP-251 + Minifooger Drive. MachineDrum UW + MonoMachine + Rickenbackerbass (-75) + Hagströmguitar (-75).

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:19 pm

Okay, okay, okay, that's enough positivity for the rest of the year.

Please let us return to our wild speculations, accusations, and general rumour mongering that we soooooo love to indulge ourselves in.

I mean, why make music when you subjectively have so much to complain about?

Stephen

weemac

Post by weemac » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:15 pm

Mine was brand new and DOA. And now it is working like a charm!

I've had other DOA gear and once fixed has been problem free!

Eden.

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:02 am

?do one again ?

no problems with my signature too

weemac

Post by weemac » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:20 am

stiiiiiiive wrote:(What does DOA mean?)
Dead on arrival....

Eden.