Moogerfooger Rack Mount Strength

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
facon

Moogerfooger Rack Mount Strength

Post by facon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:17 pm

Can anybody comment on the build quality/strength of the Moogerfooger rack? I wanted to make a system to easily transport my foogers from my studio rack to a pedalboard. The idea was to build a pedalboard with supports for the rack. Does the rack mount kit seem sturdy enough to stomp on for live use?

Rabalder

Re: Moogerfooger Rack Mount Strength

Post by Rabalder » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:58 pm

facon wrote:Does the rack mount kit seem sturdy enough to stomp on for live use?
Yes, but I wouldn't jump on it.

Alien8

Post by Alien8 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:24 pm

This idea works great!!

I use two rack mount kits as modules for my pedal board. I support the kit on a standard rack in the studio, but on a pedal board for jams. I just used the two pedal power power supply boxes as supports under the kit. It attaches with velcro to the pedal board. Never had an issue... In my case, I have stood on it, but if supported only by the rack mount features, I wouldn't.

I will post a pic in the near future...
Vibration emanates from all things, even nothing. Using awareness to translate vibration into "music" is something that I am whole heartedly grateful for.

facon

Post by facon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks for the feedback! Would love to see some pics to get ideas.