Sequencing

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
archer

Sequencing

Post by archer » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:56 pm

Just curious to see how everyone else sequences their Voyagers. I'm thinking about expanding my modular system with a sequencer module, but need to wait a while before I make that investment.

Until then, I'm thinking about using something in the virtual realm. Have any of you had success with any plugins or DAW sequencers? What about MPCs or other synthesizers with on-board sequencers?

EricK

Re: Sequencing

Post by EricK » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:19 pm

Numerology is what I used on a mac until I got the q119. There are alot of great midi sequencers out there on many platforms.

If you get a sequencer for the voyager, try to find one that will let you do skips.

Tell us about your modular!

Eric
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

thealien666

Re: Sequencing

Post by thealien666 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:28 pm

Personally, when I want to sequence my "Midified' Minimoog D, I use an old Ensoniq SQ80 as a MIDI sequencer. I've found its user interface so straightforward and quick, so that I can spend all my rare creative moments concentrating on the music itself, and not fiddle around with convoluted devices or softwares to try to get the music out of my head and onto a medium as quickly as I can, before it eludes me. :mrgreen:

I also use a relatively easy audio recording software called Audacity on the Mac, to record directly the audio signals coming out of my analog synths into the line input of the Mac.

I essentially follow Bob Moog's philosophy, when he said that "simplicity elevates." :wink:
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion