DonutDude says hello!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
DonutDude

DonutDude says hello!

Post by DonutDude » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:50 am

Hello all,
I'm a newly registered member here and wanted to introduce myself to all of you. I've loved synths since the days of ELP and progressive rock. My first synth, which I got in the early 80s was a Roland Juno 106. It was soon followed by a Moog Rogue and a Korg DW6000. I only owned these three gems for a few years but I've always kept the memory of them close. The sound of two Moog oscillators slightly detuned beating back and forth is... well, you know.... beautiful!

Fifteen years passed without any synthesizers in my life, and then in 2001, I decided to start writing music again. Today I am the proud owner of many hardware synths (analog and digital), including a Voyager RME, a Minitaur, and a CV modded Little Phatty. I also own several Moogerfoogers and a synthesizers.com modular setup. I write and record songs for personal enjoyment when I'm not baking bread and frying donuts.

I look forward to being a member of the Moog Music Forum to discuss and share information about... all things Moog.

Sincerely,
Mark

namahshaman

Re: DonutDude says hello!

Post by namahshaman » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:20 am

Very cool, Mark.

I love donuts . . . and Moog. You'll fit well here :wink:

Welcome indeed.

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:36 pm

Welcome indeed, Mark !

Alain (AKA TheAlien666) says hello too ! :D

P.S. Just take a look at my signature below... :lol:
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Thanks everybody. I feel welcome.

I like the Homer Simpson quote. There's another famous quote I've heard: A donut a day keeps the doctor away... I think that's the saying. :)

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:46 am

Welcome to the forum!

there is an unspoken rule, just so you know, that requires all new members that make doughnuts to send the existing members of the forum a box of homemade doughnuts :D

nice bit of gear you got there too, any demos?
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

megavoice

Post by megavoice » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:45 am

ColorForm2113 wrote:Welcome to the forum!

there is an unspoken rule, just so you know, that requires all new members that make doughnuts to send the existing members of the forum a box of homemade doughnuts :D

If there's a very long way to the memmbers they're going to shrink and might be used as keyboard bushings :lol: :lol: :lol: .............
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fu** the prom queen." —Sean Connery to Nicholas Cage in "The Rock" (1996)
I've never seen any real prom queen here in my country, but if we had some they'd
**** with everyone.

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:00 pm

megavoice wrote:
ColorForm2113 wrote:Welcome to the forum!

If there's a very long way to the memmbers they're going to shrink and might be used as keyboard bushings :lol: :lol: :lol: .............
Best tasting keyboard bushings ever! :lol: Welcome, DonutDude!
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:29 am

Welcome Mark!

p l e a s e p o s t d o n u t s . . . . m m m m m m m m m m
John L Rice
MiniMoog, MinitMoog, MG-1, Sub Phatty, 5U modulars, Eurorack modulars

DonutDude

Post by DonutDude » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:21 pm

If I wanted to post donuts... I mean demos, or mp3s to this forum how would I go about doing it? Do I simply post a link here to a site that has my sound file? And if so, since I don't have my own website, what free sites do you guys recommend for uploading files to? ;)

ColorForm2113

Post by ColorForm2113 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:16 am

Sound cloud seems to be a standard on most forums these days to upload music.
Yeah you can just post It in the forum some where (there is a thread called "share your synthesizer music" already started if you just want to post there)

Ps: please don't upload donuts as mp3 as you tend to lose some of the sprinkles and frosting in the process. FLAC is preferred for best donut resolution.

Pps: these donut puns might go on for awhile
My modular so far: Q104, Q106 x2, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, Mixer and Mankato playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M x2 ( STEREO!) Volca Beats and Bass, Arturia Beat step

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:00 pm

DonutDude wrote:Fifteen years passed without any synthesizers in my life, and then in 2001, I decided to start writing music again. Today I am the proud owner of many hardware synths (analog and digital), including a Voyager RME, a Minitaur, and a CV modded Little Phatty. I also own several Moogerfoogers and a synthesizers.com modular setup. I write and record songs for personal enjoyment when I'm not baking bread and frying donuts.
I look forward to being a member of the Moog Music Forum to discuss and share information about... all things Moog.
Sincerely,
Mark
Yea...... We need pics.
:mrgreen:
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

Vsyevolod

Post by Vsyevolod » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:11 pm

There's a newer codec especially made for encoding lossless croissants. It probably works for donuts as well.

Stop using Flac and start using Flake.

Stephen

monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the site. i only joined this year and for me i have found that a regular small (but selective) handful of members always jump to the help when needed.

i almost bought a MemoryMoog but hung on and waited for the perfect Mini to come along. i am very grateful for the advice i was given (and took).

Paul
Moog Subsequent 25 / MiniMoog Model D / Cubase 9 / Sibelius 8.6