Filtatron now has Audiobus and MIDI control

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
dswo

Filtatron now has Audiobus and MIDI control

Post by dswo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:39 pm

I knew Amos would come through and he has. Thank you, Moog, for supporting this app and his work.
What's New in Version 1.2.0

• Audiobus and JACK support, for total integration with your other audio apps! Filtatron can act as a source, a destination, or a filter for audio from other compatible apps. (for audio IN to Filtatron, be sure to turn up the LINE level knob to hear it)

• MIDI mapping for almost every parameter! Use hardware controllers or external sequencers to control Filtatron remotely. Check the MIDI menu on the 'About' page.

• Share files from the Samples directly to SoundCloud

• Now supports both Landscape and Portrait orientation on iPad

• New full-screen artwork for iPhone 5
David Wilson-Okamura

nuno

Re: Filtatron now has Audiobus and MIDI control

Post by nuno » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:59 pm

We need a party emoticon for this! :D

Haven't tried out the new features, like MIDI and Audiobus or JACK, but Landscape mode is not working :(

Could it be because I've still not installed iOS 7?

analoghaze

Post by analoghaze » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Thanks much.
Increases the value of the app.
Music can Name the Unnamable and Communicate the Unknowable.

'I am... everything is... changed... they're calling... your face... interwoven... who is...' Patient mumbles inaudibly to a tune (sounds like 'Thanks for the memory).

Jay944

Post by Jay944 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:47 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by Jay944 on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluelion

Post by bluelion » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:27 pm

I am equally happy to hear of this news! Audiobus works like it should with Filtatron, however the MIDI Configuration is a bit confusing. The update on the app store update says this:
MIDI mapping for almost every parameter! Use hardware controllers or external sequencers to control Filtatron remotely. Check the MIDI menu on the 'About' page.
I'm guessing that this means you need to have some sort of MIDI attachment like iRig MIDI or MIDI Mobilizer? I wonder why a simple Network Connection isn't available, seeing as it is for Animoog for iPhone? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWpMAGhjK5U

Don't get me wrong, Audiobus support is AMAZING. But it would be rad if MIDI worked via a Network Connection. I'm not able to populate the field for Network Connection, so I guess it's not possible? *Sigh. So close... This is a screenshot of what it shows:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/947 ... %9C%9F.PNG

Stuka

Post by Stuka » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:32 pm

nuno wrote:We need a party emoticon for this! :D

Haven't tried out the new features, like MIDI and Audiobus or JACK, but Landscape mode is not working :(

The app doesn't appear to "auto detect" landscape mode at startup, or at least that appears to be the case on my iPad 2 running iOS 7. Try rotating your iPad 90 degrees, then back to landscape, and Filtatron should follow the orientation.

Randy
Little Phatty Solar CV, Minitaur, Slim Phatty (x2), MF-101, MF-102, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-105M, MF-108M, CP-251 (x2), Animoog app, Filtatron app, Model D app, Model 15 app...and some 5U modular and Doepfer stuff...

Christan

Post by Christan » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:41 pm

I got landscape orientation to work on iPad, you have to rotate to portrait first and when you rotate back to landscape it should switch for you.

bluelion

Post by bluelion » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:48 am

I figured out how to control Filtatron via WiFi :D (Mac only, sorry)

http://youtu.be/UCVcknEz_-Y

ghostils

Post by ghostils » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:48 am

Midi Support via my Synthstation 25 doesn't seem to work at all. 3rd Gen Ipod Touch. IOS 5.1. Anyone else have controller issues?

dswo

Post by dswo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:45 am

ghostils wrote:Midi Support via my Synthstation 25 doesn't seem to work at all. 3rd Gen Ipod Touch. IOS 5.1. Anyone else have controller issues?
Synthstation 25 does not use the CoreMIDI standard (which is all that most apps support). The MidiBridge app can sometimes help with this (it generates a virtual CoreMIDI device, and links the Synthstation 25 to that), but there's no guarantee for a particular app.
David Wilson-Okamura

ghostils

Post by ghostils » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:13 pm

Synthstation 25 does not use the CoreMIDI standard (which is all that most apps support). The MidiBridge app can sometimes help with this (it generates a virtual CoreMIDI device, and links the Synthstation 25 to that), but there's no guarantee for a particular app.[/quote]

Interesting, I love when things don't follow standard API's. Though this is the 1st App I've ever had issue with and I have several that do support it. I'll give MidiBridge a go. Thank you =D

nuno

Post by nuno » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:07 pm

Well, Landscape mode does work, but after opening Filtatron the iPad must be held in Portrait mode and then swung to Landscape.
nuno wrote:We need a party emoticon for this! :D

StewD

Post by StewD » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:48 pm

Exciting times again with Filtatron ... thanks again Amos and the Moog team!

A couple of things I would like to see added to the midi implementation (correct me if these are already available):
1. Lock tempo to external midi clock
2. Tap tempo via midi
3. Sampler record via midi

Been having loads of fun running guitar through JamUp Pro then into Filtatron via AudioBus ... Awesome!

:mrgreen:
Peace,

heuermh

Post by heuermh » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:50 pm

Thank you for adding MIDI control to Filtatron.

I have written a class in the ChucK programming language to interact with Filtatron over network MIDI

https://github.com/heuermh/lick/blob/ma ... ronMidi.ck

and example

https://github.com/heuermh/lick/blob/ma ... Example.ck

I noticed that the CC mappings in the MIDI Configuration interface have an off-by-one problem though. That is, if say the mappings are defined as

VCO Freq 0
VCO Waveform 1

and a MIDI control change message on CC 1 is sent the VCO Freq control will change, not the VCO Waveform control.

bruce741

Post by bruce741 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:13 am

Haven't tried out the new features, like MIDI and Audiobus or JACK, but Landscape mode is not working
ASas